PREDICTIONS FOR 2019
- The House of Representatives will initiate efforts to impeach Donald Trump, all of which will be unsuccessful. The most difficult obstacle will be that they cannot find a high crime or misdemeanor to charge him with.
- Ruth Bader Ginsberg will leave the U.S. Supreme Court, leaving one more opportunity for President Trump to tilt the court more conservative.
- Michelle Obama will eventually emerge as the front runner in the Democratic primary hustle, despite her lack of governmental experience. In reality, this will unofficially provide a third term for Barack Obama
- There will be a compromise on the wall/fence construction completing some 40 or 50 more miles, and giving each party the ability to claim success through bi-partisanship.
- New waves of immigrants will form caravans to the United States from Central and South America (Venezuela) after seeing the success of caravans in 2018.
- Soccer will start emerging as a significant professional sport in the United States.
- I think Mike Pence will step down as Vice-President when the primary elections draw near. Multiple reasons. Look for a female to take his place. Nikki Haley?
- New plans will pass to improve health care and immigration reform in 2019.
- Movies: Top Oscars will go to:
Best movie: “Vice”
Best Actor: Christian Bale, “Vice.”
Best Actress: Lady Gaga, “A Star is Born”
Best Supporting actor: Mahershala Ali, “Green Book”
Best Supporting Actress: Amy Adams, “Vice”
Best Director: Adam McKay, “Vice.”
- Tiger Woods Will resume dominance over the Pro Golf circuit.
(As for my batting average from last year’s “Predictions)
- Bombed. I predicted an attempt to assassinate President Trump
- Correct. U.S. moved embassy in Israel to Jerusalem.
- ½ and ½. Some parts of border fence was erected, but not enough.
- Correct. U.S. is getting tougher on Illegal immigration, plenty more to go
- Bombed. I said the Mueller investigation will fizzle out. Not yet.
- Unknown. N. Korean Military plan will end tensions. This may be happening now
- Correct. ISIS defeated in Syria, though splinters exist elsewhere..
- Correct. Economy very strong
- Correct. One more Supreme Court judge will be seated (Kavanaugh)
- ½ and ½. Best actor and actress Oscars went to Frances McDormand and Gary Oldman, as predicted. Other sport predictions bombed.
Stats: 5 Correct, 2 half correct, 2 bombed and 1 Unknown.