NORTH KOREAN WOMAN SPEAKS. WATCH. LISTEN

Here is the opening paragraph from Wikipedia about this brave woman, Park Yeon-mi.

Park Yeon-mi (or Yeonmi Park; born 4 October 1993) is a North Korean defector and human rights activist who escaped to China in 2007 and settled in South Korea in 2009. She came from an educated, politically connected family that turned to black market trading during North Korea’s economic collapse in the 1990s.[1] After her father was sent to a labor camp for smuggling, her family faced starvation. They fled to China, where Park and her mother fell into the hands of human traffickers before escaping to Mongolia.[2] She is now an advocate for victims of human trafficking in China and works to promote human rights in North Korea and around the globe.

The following is a short video in which she tells about the nightmare people suffer in her native land. No further narrative needed. She tells the story we need to know. Very heart breaking and compelling:

North Korean Refugee Reveals The SAD Truth

I'm glad she spoke out. Everyone needs to watch this!

Posted by Power of Positivity on Friday, August 18, 2017

7 Responses to NORTH KOREAN WOMAN SPEAKS. WATCH. LISTEN

1. Marcia Berry January 26, 2018 at 5:54 pm #

Read The Orphan Master’s Son to get more information about what it’s like to live under these unbelievable conditions.

2. Donald January 26, 2018 at 6:27 pm #

This beautiful young woman needs an international forum to focus on this disaster! Since the Korean war in the early 1950s, the international community has known about the kind of life North Koreans are forced to live, but no single country has had the courage to publicly take steps to free North Korean citizens from such tyranny! We should lead the United Nations in an effort to force the North Korean leadership to take steps to shift its focus from development of military weapons to improving the lives of its citizens.

3. Ron Fischer January 26, 2018 at 9:34 pm #

I watched the short video. The first thing that struck me is how young the speaker is and how well she presented her case. I could not help but think she had significant coaching, especially in her facts. But then I don’t know the facts either.

I am convinced that her main points are very likely correct and her personal ordeal is simply incontestable. I do admire her and find myself in support of her cause.

4. Eileen January 27, 2018 at 7:56 am #

The fact that so much human oppression and abuse is still allowed to continue in N.Korea, and other parts of the world, is proof that the United Nations is a very weak, if not useless, organization.

5. Roger. US Navy, Ret. January 27, 2018 at 9:15 am #

THAT IS SAD SEEN PLENTY OF THAT WHEN I WAS IN THE NAVY
    64 YEARS AGO,

6. Blaine Keller January 27, 2018 at 7:21 pm #

And we’re going to be in the Olympics together! How exciting…that’s what I call taking a firm, consistent stand.

7. Charlotte Koerber February 2, 2018 at 3:13 pm #

I am so impressed with this young woman. I cried all through her testimony. I feel helpless as to what to do. I am praying, but more needs to be done!