AMERICA ON A MARCH TOWARD ANARCHY

(This Op-Ed was published in Florida Today  on line)

By Marshall Frank, Community columnist

I expect division because party systems call for division. It was normal in Kennedy’s days, in Obama’s days and even under FDR, whom most folks credit with saving our union. It was also an issue during colonial times. Jefferson and Hamilton never saw eye to eye on anything.

But it’s never been so frightening as it is today.

Robert Lee, an ESPN broadcaster, was removed from calling a game in Virginia, because his name is Robert Lee. Minus a middle initial, Lee has committed a racist act by virtue of his birth name. Have we gone nuts?

The crazies are finally running the institutions.

Honorary statues are tumbling and being defaced around the nation because of points of view of 250 years ago.

A best-selling author/columnist was invited to speak at Berkeley University in April to address a counter point of view on the issue of immigration. Threats of violent acts and demonstrations convinced the school to cancel Ann Coulter, thus plunging another nail in the coffin of free speech and tolerance.

Somali-born author, Ayaan Hirsi Ali, who suffered as a child under repressive religious dogma, escaped to the free world to become a respected intellectual beating the drum for women’s rights throughout the globe. Brandies University in 2014 pulled the plug on a planned presentation of an honorary degree to Ali because her viewpoint on young women living under radical Islam was considered incendiary. Such people aren’t interested in learning. They are interested in pacifying donors.

I thought I’d never see street riots condoned by local politicians, giving way to looting, burning, vandalism and rampant destruction while the police of Baltimore were held at bay.

Now we have celebrity idols using their fame to show true ignorance, calling for “blowing up” the White House (Madonna); simulating a bloody presidential beheading (Kathy Griffin); shooting the president (Snoop Dog); and suggesting it’s time for an actor to again assassinate a president (Johnny Depp). These people are role models for youth. And they call Donald Trump obnoxious?

Far-left members of Congress speak out in favor of impeaching the president, knowing there is no basis to impeach, other than disliking him. Missouri state Sen. Maria Chapelle-Nadal posted on Facebook: “I hope Trump is assassinated.”

This is not just an affront to Donald Trump. It is an insult to 63 million Americans who voted for him. If you lop off California, he won the popular vote. American voters deserve respect as much as do the supporters of Hillary Clinton.

There appears to be a sophisticated, organized march toward anarchy under way to alter America much like the instructions given in “Rules for Radicals” by Saul Alinsky:

“All change means disorganization of the old, and organization of the new.”

Hold on America. We’re in for a bumpy ride.

28 Responses to AMERICA ON A MARCH TOWARD ANARCHY

1. Anonymous September 1, 2017 at 9:08 pm #

Acting out is not what anarchy is or what it is about. It’s ironic that you speak so frequently about mental illness – you are quite the textbook narcissist, along with all the delusions of grandeur that come with it.

• Joe Hodges September 2, 2017 at 11:15 am #

Acting out is what a child does when they through a temper tantrum. Maybe even graffitti or vandalisim. But, when you show up as crowd in all black with masks over your face so you can not be identified (like publishing comments as anonymous) carrying sticks and inciting violence then that is the road to anarchy. Wake uop and smell the coffee.

• Ray Renfro September 2, 2017 at 1:41 pm #

Joe, disregard Anonymous, he is a Useful Idiot, part of the Left that is trying to overthrow America. He is no different than the Antifa thugs wearing masks to hide their identity. That is why he calls himself Anonymous. They are all cowards.

2. Helen Bennett September 2, 2017 at 8:42 am #

I am a great fan of Hirsi Ali and was devastated when she was disinvited from Brandeis. What a travesty that was!

3. VERONICA Helen HART September 2, 2017 at 8:44 am #

Anarchy is political confusion and disorder according to my dictionary.

As I opened the huge tome to confirm my understanding of the word, I opened it at random to “bastard toadflax.” I think that will be my new word for the day. I can use it to replace “left wing hate mongers.”

No need to make me anonymous. I’m proud to be an American and I’m always happy to read your editorials.

4. Franof57 September 2, 2017 at 8:52 am #

“Anonymous” is a prime example of what you say in your article . . . all they do is name call & try to shut down any opposing view!
    As, they have NO facts to support their views!
    Fear you’re right Marshall. As the scary part is they have so many uninformed on their side! What do they think will happen after all the stores and police are gone?

5. Donald September 2, 2017 at 8:59 am #

Anonymous clearly does not know you personally. I have never seen the first symptom of narcissism in your personality. Quite the contrary! Your focus is almost exclusively on how to make life better for other people. It’s one thing to disagree with something you say and something else to use a word like narcissism to describe you. It doesn’t reflect on you. It reflects on Anonymous, who must think in a fairly shallow level.

6. ROGER RYAN September 2, 2017 at 9:21 am #

THIS ALL STARTED IN THE LATE SIXTIES AND THE REPUBLICAN PARTY IS FALLING APART,EVERY THING THEY CAMPAIGN FOR 2016 THEY ARE NOT DOING AND THEY HAVE ALL THREE HOUSES END OF STORY…ROGER

• adamsalan September 2, 2017 at 11:25 am #

Roger, I agree with you about the sixties. But I don’t believe it to be the republican party is falling apart…the republic is falling apart. If I remember correctly the first 2 years of Obama’s administration the democrats had all three houses and very little to nothing could be done for those 2 years. (except Obamacare…republicans told use for the last 6 years of Obama that their party can fix the problems if they just had both houses and the presidency. what a (lie) joke)
      This entire national political system is so corrupt it doesn’t matter if your republican, democrat, independent or any other organization of the political salad.
      America stay bent-over

7. Peter Aydelotte September 2, 2017 at 10:18 am #

Well as my great professor in Constitutional Law, Maurice Miller once said, the pendulum is always swinging between anarchy(total freedom without restraint) and law and order on the continuum.
    What disturbs me as those on the right watched as the pendulum swung so far left without too much protest. What disturbs me even more is that as the pendulum swings back to the right as it should, the left is totally anarchistic without law enforcement stepping into restore order. Lately law enforcement is restoring order more quickly which is good to see.

In no case should masked individuals running around with clubs, shields, chemical sprays, and other implements of aggression be tolerated nor allowed to persist with their behavior. Vocal dissent is allowed, physical dissent ( battery) should be met with arrest.

• Glenn Moffett September 2, 2017 at 10:52 am #

Ah yes, Maury Miller. I remember him well. Thanks for the memories Pete, hope you’re doing well. And you, Marshall, 100% correct, as usual.

8. James docherty September 2, 2017 at 10:23 am #

Who funds the mass turnout of these leftist anarchist?

• Ray Renfro September 3, 2017 at 5:27 pm #

George Soros provides most of the money behind Antifa, Black Lives Matter and many other organizations that would over through America.

9. Eileen September 2, 2017 at 10:23 am #

Absolutely correct on all points, Marshall. Thank you for another insightful article.

10. Eileen September 2, 2017 at 10:26 am #

P.S. What planet is “Anonymous” living on!

11. Jan Siren September 2, 2017 at 10:27 am #

First, credentials:

Of all your respondents may I make claim to the most frequent, and long-enduring personal exposure to the condition of pure anarchy.

I lived a year of my life in Antarctica – and enjoyed it well enough that I signed on, some years later for not one but two summer (austral summer, that is – November through January) revisits to the frozen continent.

South of the Antarctic Circle, no nation nor principality asserts claim; the entire region is a textbook example of political anarchy!

And yet – those were the most peaceful times of my life, in their way. I set up my instruments and made measurements and recordings, to be analyzed later, back up north in the lab.

I make no claim that “anarchy” is always like this, of course. I only ask that those who use the term do so with a bit of circumspection.

Jan Siren

• Peter Aydelotte September 3, 2017 at 9:09 am #

My neighbor goes to Antartica frequently, there are rules and regulations in place that you must live by. That is law and order vs the total freedom to do whatever you please. Scientists are far from anarchy for they followprocedures to replicate results. There are two types of freedom, freedom from and freedom to do. Most people that like law and order prefer freedom from vs the anarchists freedom to do( whatever they want) . Rules, regulations, procedures, and laws are there for the betterment of a civilized society.

12. Richard Plager September 2, 2017 at 10:34 am #

Now I know why you were a success as a Homicide Detective and eventually the Captain in charge of that division. You understood the goal of the organization and did not allow the flaming liberals turn you from obtaining success.

All the best to you on Labor Day; we are making America Great Again.

13. Richard Moore September 2, 2017 at 11:29 am #

If you look in right(correct) direction, the march to anarchy is no mystery. It is directed and implemented by the head of OFA, Organize For Action, one Barack Hussein Obama with the support of George Soros and his minions. Period. End of story.

I am pleased to see so many positive responses to your editorial. Let’s turn to actively opposing OFA by every lawful means available!

14. Larry Usoff September 2, 2017 at 11:50 am #

Great piece…thanks Marshall.

15. AuthorLee September 2, 2017 at 12:05 pm #

Indeed, the crazies are in charge of liberal cities, towns, universities and colleges.

I agree, we are on the road to anarchy, but the road has a fork, left for anarchy or right for civil war. If forced to choose, I chose civil war.

Let us hope that the Democrats and some Republicans wake up. There are positive signs. Dianne Feinstein’s comment about Trump and even Nancy P’s somewhat positive comment. Both were attacked by the left’s crazies.

I place most of the blame at the main stream media’s door.

16. Dick Calvert September 2, 2017 at 1:26 pm #

Hi Marshal, haven’t responded lately but rest assured I have been reading your articles!
    As usual, your remarks are right on target! I can ‘t help but wonder about remarks from some of your readers! But, we are still in the good ol’ USA! As you well know, there will always be negatives hanging around Never happy. very sad!

17. Larry Henry September 2, 2017 at 2:45 pm #

Elementary, my dear Watson.
    Comrade Obama sanctioned all of this with the money provided by George Soros.
    Obama was little more than a puppet for the far Left, i.e., Fifth Column.
    Black Lives Matter is a party of thugs also sanctioned by George Soros.
    The drive by media all worship at the alter of Big Government and Big Brother.
    They too receive monies from Comrade Soros.

With the political deck stacked against us, what is the answer?

Lock & Load!

18. Edward A. Hensley September 2, 2017 at 3:16 pm #

Sadly, you have a 10X Center Mass Hit with this Blog.
    But, all is not lost yet, in our struggle to protect this
    great country, America, from Anarchy. Two cowardly
    college administrations that cave to Leftist Terrorists
    are learning that Payback is a Bitch!

19. Paul September 2, 2017 at 3:27 pm #

It all started with “political correctness”, which is just an excuse for stifling honest, open, debate of the issues. Unfortunately one party, the Democratic, supports it, and more unfortunately, the other party, Republicans, don’t have the guts to stand up to it.

20. Charlie September 2, 2017 at 6:12 pm #

Nail on the head as usual Marshall. Keep up the good work that is synonymous with your publications. I find it a privilege to read everything you put out there for us.

21. Hudson Haile September 4, 2017 at 11:34 am #

Marshall, thanks for your column. Thank God someone out there values the Constitution, has some common sense and can write. You expressed exactly what I, and I hope millions of others, had been thinking. Thank you, thank you.

22. Jose September 5, 2017 at 7:33 pm #

Yes, the crazies ARE running the institutions and the institutions are the WHITE HOUSE AND congress. The GOP is doing a wonderful job of “making America great again”. 7.5 more years of this and we’ll all want to move to Antarctica. Lets hear some more of the “alternative facts” that will make us all feel better. Where have all the real leaders gone?