ENOUGH OF THE HATRED TOWARD TRUMP

It’s totally embarrassing. Prominent people in the limelight, including entertainers, politicians, media and other celebrities, embarrasses me as an American and makes me ashamed that this is all we have to offer for examples of class and decorum.

I get it, about free speech and all that. Yes, people have those rights. But famous people, who have prospered by the capitalist systems with America, and who know they have a wide audience, are using their fame to bend minds and bathe in plaudits of like-minded audiences. Roasting is one thing. Downright mean spirited – and low class – is another.

Where can we begin? Let’s start with one of the late night unfunny men, Stephen Colbert, who couldn’t shine Johnny Carson’s shoes as a comedian. Johnny Carson had thousands of opportunities to use (abuse) monologues by needlessly and bitterly insulting a sitting president, he never did. We all know he had his political preferences, but he never stooped to disgusting insults. Here’s a recent example of Colbert. Pay particular attention to the last two minutes.

I’m not writing this as “pro Trump” essay. I’m writing it as an ashamed American. You can change channels and find similar garbage disguised as humor on other networks.

Robert DeNiro is among the most respected actors in Hollywood.  Yes. he’s a disappointed democrat. But does that call for this?  Watch, less than a minute:

Then, there’s movie actress, Ashley Judd, watch this:

Class acts.  Whatever happened to:  “I may not like the president but I will always show respect for the office.”

The clips are plentiful. How about the fair and balanced media? This is how the MSNBC crew reacted, whining and moaning about the election result on November 8th  (short):

Click here: MSNBC crew heartbroken when Trump won the election – YouTube

Since election day, instead of people of all persuasions uniting and accepting the results, the ferocious cry-babies from the left have embarked on one tactic or another, like pit bulls, doing all they can to delegitimize the the election, financing hundreds of “protests,” and calling for impeachment though he’d only been in office a few weeks.

Donald Trump earned (against all odds) 63 million votes from Americans – whose votes matter as much as Hillary’s 65.8 million. Insulting Trump is an insult to all those American voters as well. Take California out of the equation, and Trump won popular vote by  1.8 million votes. He won the Electoral College by a margin of 306-232.  He won 3084 out of 3141 counties in America, plus 30 out of 50 states. Clearly midstream Americans went for Donald Trump, and to continually and endlessly knock the new president, is grossly disrespectful and speaks volumes about the losing side. Whatever happened to class?

Can anyone imagine the outrage that would have exploded from the left, if the losing sides in 2008 and 2012, were to act like the losing side in 2016? Imagine the uproar of people denouncing Obama as “not legitimate, calling for impeachment, protests, and the like. Those people would have been dubbed as “racists.” Never mind, there was plenty to worry about with Barack Obama, especially considering his lack of experience in almost anything, a man who never ran anything, nor held a regular job, and whose background was replete with questionable behaviors, nefarious friends and associates, not to speak of a hard core anti-American communist who mentored him for 8 years before he went to college.

Yes, I’m embarrassed at the way the media and the left have denigrated the new president, already passing judgment on his performance when he’s barely past the first three months in office. I know he has plenty of flaws. There’s plenty that bothered me about Donald Trump, but that’s irrelevant now, because we have to unite as a country behind the man elected to be our president. Our country, our people, is what’s most important. Leaders come and go, but the indigenous and/or legal citizens will always be here.

When folks ask me how I could possible vote for Trump, it was an easy two-word answer:

Hillary Clinton.

Click here: It’s Official: Clinton’s Popular Vote Win Came Entirely From California | Stock News & Stock Market Analysis – IBD

17 Responses to ENOUGH OF THE HATRED TOWARD TRUMP

1. Chris May 3, 2017 at 6:36 pm #

It has gotten beyond ridiculous. The left is so overboard now, that the next thing they will be promoting is harm to Trump…all in the name of free speech.
    I remember when someone hung a dummy of Obama in effigy, and the left went nuts. Yet is was a yawn when someone carried around the ‘head” of George Bush…that was freedom of expression.

I join you in being tired of the childishness of the left, and their failure to accept that they put up the worst possible candidate in the Dem party. In spite of RINOs failing to work together with the rest of the party, I see us on the cusp of economic prosperity the likes of which we have not seen since Reagan. The budget we just got was not good…but one part was…and that is money to improve our military and readiness. ISIS is planning against us, and we needed that so badly, I cannot comprehend not getting it. I cannot even imagine where we would be if Trump hadn’t won…

I am convinced that Trump has been out in front of issues all along. He KNEW we needed this money for the military NOW, in spite of having to fund some odorous things for a few more months. Just wait for the other shoe to drop…and be glad we have a patriot in charge.

2. Toni Cleveland May 3, 2017 at 7:00 pm #

It is shameful that people would show such disrespect for a President. I was never an Obama supporter but he was our President. What has happen to decorum, respect and just showing good manners. My parents and grandparents who were Democrats are no doubt turning over in graves at the behavior of the party they so loved. I can only imagine what they would think today. Adults behaving like children, what a shame. Grow up people and be the role model for our youth that you should be!

3. C. Walker May 3, 2017 at 7:05 pm #

8 years wasn’t long enough for the Obama and Bush haters. Why would we think it would be any different for Trump?

4. John M. May 3, 2017 at 8:06 pm #

You make some interesting points about “the hatred toward Trump.” Three things come to my mind, all of which I offer in a non-partisan spirit.

(1) I find it shameful that we are a country of some 320 million, and Trump and Hillary were the best we could come up with as final candidates from their parties for the most important position in the world?

(2) Trump, on his own personal merits and business practices, is indeed an odious person and, in my humble opinion, totally unworthy of respect. However,…

(3) As we used to say about an unlikable officer in the military, you salute the uniform, not the man, which I believe sort of goes to the point of your blog.

5. Eileen May 3, 2017 at 9:17 pm #

I agree with all you’ve said, Marshall. Unfortunately, I see no end in site to the hateful comments and acts. Even my own Democrat friends are on the hate-Trump bandwagon. While I was with such friends the other night I yelled to them that I was sick and tired of listening to all the negativity about Donald Trump. They finally shut up, but I was prepared to walk out of the house and go home if they kept it up. I’ve never seen such an extent of hatred directed toward an American president in all my 71 years.

6. JustMe May 3, 2017 at 9:54 pm #

Hillary Clinton and Then President Obama abandoned our fellow Americans to be murdered by Muslims in Benghazi. They did nothing to save them and then lied about the reason for the murders and attack. Their complicity and lies are some of the most evil acts ever by a Sec of State and a President.
    Besides all the other corruption by Hillary and Obama, their Benghazi actions alone are reasons no patriotic Americans should ever support these horrible two elected officials.
    Trump is imperfect but he stands up for our country, our military, our citizens and our allies and that’s more than Clinton and Obama ever did. Yet the lefties preen and coddle Hillary and Obama.
    I agree with what you wrote and I too am ashamed of the behaviors you outlined. And I ‘m ashamed of those who support Hillary and Obama.
    They disgust me. And those of you who will try to defend Hillary and Obama, save your breath. The facts are in the paragraphs above.

7. Dr. Ray May 4, 2017 at 12:35 am #

Amen. JustMe said it all, and well.

8. Tom May 4, 2017 at 8:37 am #

Our country is slowly being eroded by the people who go out of their way to denigrate others while failing to read the “real” news, fail to follow in the footsteps of those that made America great, and failure to see beyond the end of their noses.

I notice that most of them have made their millions and still act like uneducated Neanderthals that run around scratching but not bathing to get rid of the problems root.

Just imagine the good these idiots could do if they were to use part of that money they waste on nonsense to improve the cities they live in and the people that could use their help instead of their insults.

9. Charlie May 4, 2017 at 8:49 am #

It is truly disgusting the way the whining, crying, left is carrying on hiding behind the 1st ammenment. As for Colbert I watched him the first night he tried to replace Letterman and that was enough for me. Then I watched Fallon try to replace Leno one time. Also once was enough for me. Never liked Kimmel even before the election. So now I’m getting extra sleep time. If like some people are saying was Trump and Clinton the best we could do ?
    If Colbert and Fallon are the best the networks could do to replace Leno and Letterman then I will be getting a lot more sleep.
    Thank you Marshall for being the spokesperson for the sane.

10. Frank Clifford May 4, 2017 at 8:56 am #

Great! The whining is beyond the pale. The thickness of venom and bashing in the words and attitudes reveals nothing but hatred and disgust, the worst of pejorative feelings by Democrats and the left, and many intelligent ones at that. So many who, when things were going “their way” (2009-2017), their exhibition of class came easy, but now that things are not going their way, there is nothing but vitriol of the highest order, personal and political.

Low class, VERY LOW class! Would Democrats and liberals WITH class, please speak out!! I respect you very much.

Trump is the result both of tired and disappointed middle Americans and of Hillary Clinton.

BTW, you can’t say that Mr. Obama never held a real job.

Senior attorneys at the small firm where he worked say he was a strong writer and researcher, but was involved in relatively few cases — about 30 — and spent only four years as a full-time lawyer before entering politics.

11. Jack Mackie May 4, 2017 at 9:21 am #

I could say a lot here as I have in the past, but I feel like moving forward with our new president. My first choice for president was Senator Ted Cruz ,but I voted for Trump because I couldn’t vote for Hillary Clinton, her history was full of negative entanglements all the wayback to the Nixon Era.

Trump is definitley different then any president in my life time,, but many of us actually enjoy his nononsense approach to doing the job as president. He has been amazingly open with the public. What hasbotheredme the most is thelefts attacks on his family,from Ivanka’s 11 year old son to the first lady. As president Trumprealizes thathe has to have a thick skin when dealing with the left.

My suggestion is to give our president support on things he tries to do as he promised during his campaign.

12. Tom P. May 4, 2017 at 9:56 am #

Marshall, there are millions of Americans who feel the same way you do . It’s almost disgusting to be an American today except we never give up to those who would undermine our beautiful country

13. freewoman May 4, 2017 at 8:30 pm #

Oh, how I am loving this post.

“examples of class and decorum.”

“Grab them by the p—-,” Trump says. “You can do anything.”

14. freewoman May 4, 2017 at 8:48 pm #

And for those women out there unfamiliar with Trumps reference speech, it means grabbing a woman’s genital area.

15. Ron Fischer May 7, 2017 at 4:07 pm #

I served as a patriotic American in Vietnam. I did not vote nor did I care for the POTUS in 1966-1967 but I very much cared for my country and countrymen. To this day, I believe this is a beautiful country with remarkable people and a fabulous future.

The hatred being spewed out by the sad sore losers will pass. Trump will have his victories and the country will once again heal.

16. Snake Hunter{s} May 8, 2017 at 9:58 am #

Yes! Marshall Frank Is Class…. He finishes his short essay with ‘Hillary Clinton’.

I’ll add three more….. ‘Huma Abedin Weiner’
    ___ ___

17. Clearstory May 30, 2017 at 5:42 pm #

Whining right wingers you can dish it , but cry like the baby man child Trump you are when it’s returned .Given all the years someone was law enforcement and still remains a poor judge of character regarding Trump tells it all.