RACIAL INTIMIDATION WINS AT THE OSCARS

May I gloat?

It’s about the 2017 Oscars, the winners and the nominees. In 2016, a year ago, Hollywood was put on notice that there would be hell to pay, because not one black person was nominated in any of the major award categories. Blacks, and others, were outraged. Many threatened to boycott the 2017 Academy Awards. Some actually did sit out the 2016 Awards because no blacks were included in the top twenty elite contenders.

Intimidation pays off.

Voila. This year, it’s no surprise that seven of the twenty top nominee contenders were, in fact, black. Not only that, Moonlight, a black directed, produced and staffed movie which was little-known, won Best Movie beating out the Golden Globe front runner, La La Land. Also, best Supporting Actor and Actress, each were won by blacks.

I’m not saying these awards were not deserved. That’s not really the point. I didn’t see every movie in contention. What I am saying is, deserved or not, when the blacks in Hollywood raise hell, changes happen based solely on race. Sadly, the salient issue from this point on will be to ensure a proportionate quota of blacks are nominated. (Anyone ever wonder why more Asian actors are not nominated?  Answer: Because they don’t revert to intimidation) The statistical reversal for black nominees this year, surging over 2016 was clearly predictable. How do I know?  I did the predicting.

One year ago, after the 2016 Oscar situation and all the hoopla, I wrote an article in which I said:

“The emboldened institution of black power has emerged with threats to “fix” the system. In the wake, don’t be surprised if we see a sudden blast of black nominees announced in 2017 – deserving or not. What matters most, it seems, is race.”

(For entire article from January, 2016, here’s the link:  Click here: A NEW BLACK/WHITE ISSUE: THE OSCARS )

Will Smith should have been nominated in 2016 for his outstanding performance in “Concussion.” He wasn’t. Stuff happens. This year, the Best Actor award went to Casey Affleck, for his dull, painful performance in the most boring movie of the year, Manchester by the Sea. I don’t think it was even worth a nomination, but…I’m no expert.

However, if there is any entity in the U.S. that is liberal, open-minded and non-racist, it’s the film industry yet, they have evolved into a powerful political entity over-riding their status as an entertainment field. The pathetic array of hateful insults and jabs at our new president from the stage, one after another, is a testament to that.  Sadly, it was far over the top. (Johnny Carson…Billy Crystal…Where are you?)

The on-going trend from the Hollywood snobs on Oscar night, which has evolved into a political bashing event, is largely responsible for the continuous decline in ratings.  According to latest polls, the 2017 show had 32.9 million viewers, third lowest this century. Here’s more on that story:

Of course, this says nothing about the decline in talent among hosts, but that’s another story.
     People watch movies to be entertained. They watch the Oscars to see glamour, talent and to root for their favorites. It’s supposed to be the ultimate in La La Land, now converted into a political platform. (predictably one-sided)

The Hollywood elite may not do so well at selecting the best of actors and movies.  But one thing they are not, is racist. If a disproportionate number of whites and/or blacks win or lose, it will have had nothing to do with racist views. It will have to do with inside politics and disjointed reasons for selecting what’s good and bad.

The sudden surge of blacks in the Oscar arena in 2017, was predictable the moment the 2016 awards were announced.

And, so I said.

(Blistering article by Debbie Schlussel):

13 Responses to RACIAL INTIMIDATION WINS AT THE OSCARS

1. Chip Dore March 5, 2017 at 9:27 am #

to me this just show how Alinsky tactics and those of BLM and the Islamic Supremecists works just as well at The Oscars

2. Chip Dore March 5, 2017 at 9:53 am #

and don’t get me started about “The Salesman” and “White Helmets” ! I went to Amazon to buy something the next day and the stench of self-congratulation almost convinced me to cancel my Amazon Prime.

On The Salesman – and the acceptance speech championing the Islamic Regime – 1/3 of the Attendees would be hung or thrown off buildings for their “lifestyle” choices, the adulterers/eres would be stoned to death, the women on the Red Carpet would be arrested by the Modesty Police and beaten or caned. Could they produce their artsy BS and Propaganda – only if it was Sharia Compliant and the Ayatollah and IRGC approve – there is little freedom in Iran – and surely no freedom of Speech, Religion, Sexual Expression, Art

On the White Helmets – they are Al Qaeda’s EMTs – senile John McCain and traitorous Foggy Bottom give them 65 Million USD and 45M from the UK. And the teary eyed Acceptance Speech they blame that the leader could not attend because of Travel Pause (which was not in effect) “Leader” has been on DHS’s No Fly List since 2015 (who was Pres?) because he is directly linked to Al Qaeda

Please – pander some more so it becomes obvious for all to see

3. Bill March 6, 2017 at 8:40 am #

You told me to boycott the Omar’s?.?

4. Bill March 6, 2017 at 8:41 am #

I ment ocars

5. Just Me March 6, 2017 at 9:11 am #

Well done as always, Marshall.
    My eyes were opened years ago as to the intent of the black racists who do the intimidation and threats to groups/businesses etc if they don’t make blacks their focus.
    Remember the Rodney King beating? 51 innocent people were murdered and billions of dollars of damage done by blacks who were “protesting.” Remember the O.J. Simpson trial? After O.J. was acquitted, blacks all over the country were rejoicing that a black got away with murder.
    Now we have BET, Black History Month and all kind of black awards for blacks only. No whites, Asians, etc need apply. It’s racism and yet most of America are afraid to call it what it is.
    We had a mulatto President who looked black (but was mostly white) so blacks voted for him just because of that. Racist. They didn’t care that Obama hung with terrorists Bill Ayers and Bernadine Dohrn or that Obama sat at the feet of the racist, anti-American, anti-Jew Rev. Jeremiah Wright for more than 20 years. Even though Obama damaged our country greatly, blacks still support him.
    I no longer feel the same about racism in this country. My advice is to ignore the racists wherever they are found and live your life loving others.

6. Steve Gure March 6, 2017 at 9:50 am #

Sad day for America. In my view this is the main reason for Trump”s win. Reverse discrimination and the political corectnes being pushed dawn our throats

7. Frank Clifford March 6, 2017 at 10:11 am #

Can’t argue with you…it’s as plain as the nose on one’s face…

8. Charlie Greene March 6, 2017 at 10:12 am #

As always Marshall, you nailed it.

9. Ron Fischer March 6, 2017 at 10:46 am #

They have managed to reduce the Oscars to a political matter – no talent needed.

10. jkr March 6, 2017 at 1:11 pm #

I clicked on and read the article that you mention by Debbie Schlussel. I had vaguely heard of the atrocity, but not the details, of the Wereth Eleven. I plan on ordering the DVD from Amazon today.

The left could learn a great deal about respect were they to look at things through the eyes of the Jews in Belgium regarding black heroes.

11. George S. March 6, 2017 at 2:27 pm #

I find it disheartening that Hollywood people have to use award ceremonies/programs as a political or racial platform. These people are being paid to act and/or sing/entertain us, not make political speeches. We pay to hear their music. We pay to see their films (albeit I am boycotting some of them). If they choose to enter a political arena, then they should run for some particular office and/or connect with a certain party affiliation. They, for some reason, cannot understand they are hurting their own careers and popularity. We as the American public are sick of political agendas, sick of overall politics for the past eighteen months or so, with debates, campaigns, bickering, etc. We watch movies, TV programs and listen to music to escape from all of that, and we do not wish to hear/watch it in the entertainment industry/arena. Enough is enough. It is time for the NAACP, Hollywood elite, among other groups to leave race and political agendas out of the awards programs. We as Americans had to endure eight years of Sharia law under the Obama administration, so these folks need to shut up. Where were these morons during the attempted closure of Gitmo, the Iran fiasco, the un-vetting of desired refugee acceptance into the U.S., among other Obama policies and programs designed to harm Americans, either directly or indirectly, financially or otherwise. Personally, I am amazed we did not have another Sept. 11 while Obama was in office. Amazed!

12. Anonymous March 6, 2017 at 4:06 pm #

If you turn on TV you’d think they were the only race . . . most of the programs and ads . . . and they wonder why TV viewing is down . . .
    When did common sense give way to political correctness?

13. Paul March 6, 2017 at 4:37 pm #

Exactly what I was thinking while watching the Oscars, sad, really.