There’s a lot of spin going around the media circuit priming Hillary Clinton as the heir apparent to Barack Obama in 2016. Most liberal pundits ignore the obvious and bare facts, blindly declaring Hillary as one of the greatest Secretaries of State in history.
Sadly, nothing could be farther from the truth. If you measure success as a Secretary of State by miles traveled and pictures taken shaking hands with diplomats, then she’d win hands down. But those are not accomplishments, they are duties. Accomplishments are positive results from the tasks performed, of which there are few to list of any significance whatsoever. Nevertheless, all those photo shoots and fawning reporters will be sure to sway millions of brain-dead followers, facts be damned.
A book could be written about the failures of our state department during the last four years. For the sake of blog space, let’s keep it to a short bullet list:
* North Korea. No achievements there. The sabers are still rattling and that little regime remains one of the world’s greatest dangers.
* Iran. Closer to nuclear power than ever before and likely to be able to deliver a nuclear head toIsraelwithin the next year.
* Latin America. Brutal dictator and hater of America, Hugo Chavez garnered control and power over much of Central and South America.
* Eastern Europe. Many of our allies feel less safe and protected since the dissemblance of their missile defense system there.
* Russia. All indictors point to a return of dictatorial rule and resurgence of international power.
* China. What Nixon developed as an ice-breaker returning to diplomatic relations with China has stung like a scorpion as China has evolved into our greatest debt with a stranglehold on our economy.
* Israel. Diplomacy has all but vanished between Israel and the U.S. Never before have relations been as poor between the two countries, and never has Israel been so maligned on an international scale. Never before did the U.S. take sides against Israel, i.e. callinf for the return to old borders. The Palestinians under Hamas are further from peace than four years ago, the rockets keep firing and the on-going goals to destroy Israel are continuously shouted from the core of Islamist regimes.
* The Middle East. Give Hillary (and the Obama team) an F-Minus. The arch enemy of freedom and most extreme Islamist organization in the world, the Muslim Brotherhood, has assumed control over many countries, including Egypt,Tunisia, Libya, Mali, Niger, Syria. The administration’s claim that al Qaeda “is on the run” is a bald-face lie as al Qaeda is penetrating numerous nations inside of Africa today, not to mention Syria, India and Pakistan.
Where Christianity and even Judaism were protected in Egypt under Mubarak, that is no longer the case as Christian Coptics are fleeing and churches and synagogues are closed.
Ironically we are sending aid to Syria and other “rebel fighters” who are basically associated with al Qaeda, the very terror organization responsible for attacking the U.S. on September 11, 2001. That’s not to mention four F-16’s the Obama administration recently gifted to Egypt’s Muslim Brotherhood regime, the founder of Hamas.
Our relations in the Islamist world/Middle East are about as bad as they’ve ever been, as the treaty between Israel and Egypt is all but defunct and multi-millions of people remain on edge to see where the first nuclear strike will land.
We should ask Mrs. Clinton, whose side are we on?
* Huma Abedin. Hillary’s most trusted aide and travel companion is an educated Saudi woman whose mother, father and brother are all tied to the Muslim Brotherhood. One could only imagine how much the status of U.S. security has been breached and handed over to the one notorious organization whose stated goals, in writing, is to destroy America “from within.” Yet, the left and right wings of mainstream media ignore her presence. Huma Abedin would not pass a basic clearance test to be a local policeman. Thanks to the power of Mrs. Clinton, she is untouchable and our national security is at risk.
* The Benghazi attack. The worst attack on an American consulate in years, with four dead Americans one of whom is an Ambassador to Libya, working directly in the State Department under Hillary Clinton, and she artfully dodges questions from the media and congress for 4 ½ months before taking the stand, plenty of time to evaluate the fallout then rehearse and plan what to say and how to say it.
No serious accountability has been accepted for virtually decimating ambassadorial security in a non-secure zone, especially when beefed up security was specifically asked for by the ambassador – and refused. Not only was it refused, it was diminished. That, despite knowing the Red Cross and the British were attacked and they hauled butt out of there. Especially when the Libyan consulate had already been under attack before.
All this, then lying to the American public by stating it was all a result of an amateur video insulting to Islam, knowing that was a lie when she said it. And knowing it was a lie when her employee, UN Ambassador Susan Rice was dispatched to five television shows to regurgitate the same lie.
Her answer: “What difference does it make?” Excuse me? Is this OUR Secretary of State?
Under her watch, the Libyan ambassador and three other brave American soldiers were murdered because of poor decisions – or no decisions – made by this Secretary of State. And, she gets a pass?
Are you kidding me?
The greatest Secretary of State?
For which country?
Dick Morris points out why Mrs. Clinton continues to receive such glowing press. Her press corps travels with her regularly, assigned to her exclusively. If they are not kind to Madame Secretary, a reporter can easily fall out of favor and be rendered dismissed. Thus, poor press coverage is not permitted and well controlled.
And here, you all thought the media was neutral all this time.