WHY THE BLACK VOTE IS A GIMME FOR OBAMA

In November of 2008, black unemployment stood at 11.1 percent, today it is at 14.4 percent, nearly double the national figure of 8.3.

Black males ages 18-29, unemployment is at 22.3 percent.

Are blacks better off under Barack Obama’s presidency? We might have thought so. After all, Obama is the first black president.

Let’s analyze that for a moment. Obama’s administration has been pandering to every conceivable voting bloc for four years; Hispanics, immigrants, gays, women, unions, etc., but the administration has paid little attention to black Americans. How odd.

I suppose he doesn’t need to. That voting bloc is a gimme. Obama doesn’t need to work for it. It’s all about color.

Nothing is more glaring than the 2008 primary race with Obama running against Hillary Clinton. If ever there were democratic politicians who advocated and championed the cause of black people in America, it was the Clintons. Some folks (blacks included) called Clinton the first black president. Black organizations and citizens loved the Clintons. The Clintons were their biggest supporters. Bill Clinton even set up a post-presidency foundation in Harlem. The Clintons did everything for the blacks, until…wait…a black man ran against Hillary. That’s when all that support the Clintons had shown the blacks over the past two decades went down the proverbial drain. They turned their backs.

It wasn’t that Barack Obama had amassed any notable accomplishments in private or public life. It wasn’t that Barack Obama ever did much for black people other than organizing voters. It wasn’t that Barack Obama had a distinguished history of public service. None of that was the attraction to Barack Obama.

Not only did the black people of America abandon the Clintons, Obama beat Hillary by 85 to 15 percent among black voters. Even Colin Powell, the black Army general, moderate republican, jumped ship for a guy who didn’t even know how to pronounce “corpsman” yet recognize one.

Was it because he orated like Martin Luther King, Jr.? Was it his sterling record in public office? Was it because he shot hoops pretty good?

None of these things. Sadly it’s about color.

So now, while Obama is courting gays, and unions, and Latinos, and welfare recipients, he taped one outreach video to black America asking for their vote, while doing nothing for them in any significant way in 3 ½ years as president other than give the New Black Panthers immunity from prosecution for committing crimes against election laws.

What a guy.

Perhaps his dismal record with the black community is the reason why the president has not appeared at an annual NAACP convention since 2009 including this past June in Houston where Mitt Romney had the courage to face an adversary audience to lay out his platform. Not Obama. After all, how could he possibly explain what he has not done for black America?

Nevertheless, the gimme is still there, Obama can count on an easy 90 percent of the black vote, despite the fact he has done nothing, zero, nada, for blacks in America who are still looking for jobs and unable to pay their rent or their mortgages. The rate of food stamp spending has more than doubled under Obama. Perhaps he figures free handouts and entitlements are his ticket to black votes.

This is not exactly what Jefferson, Madison, or even Bill Clinton had in mind.

I have plenty of black friends and many of them have struggled to establish their worth in society more than they should have to. They are ready to work, they want to contribute, they want spiritual equality as well as legal equality and they want respect. But they are also made to feel a certain pang of disloyalty to race if they abandon a black man running for president. Why? Because he’s black.

It must be an obligation, common sense be damned.

Sessions: Food stamp spending up 100 percent since Obama took office | The Daily Caller

Leaders with Ginni Thomas: Former Rep. Artur Davis | The Daily Caller

56 Responses to WHY THE BLACK VOTE IS A GIMME FOR OBAMA

1. Yoda August 31, 2012 at 8:34 pm #

Greetings Good Captain:

Astute evaluation.Marshall:

I have worked the hoods and barrios for decades and found much to admire about indiviudal blakcs and Latino’s I have also found much that is reprehensible ipockets of both cultures.

If you wil, add that many (most) Latino’s look down on and disparage black Americans though when it comes time to votr the Latino’s become “people of color” joining with the blacks.

The bias, prejudice and bigotry in both cultures appears indelible.

Reight on good Captain – WRITE ON!

Respectfully, Yoda@magnifiedview.com

2. Bob in GA August 31, 2012 at 8:45 pm #

I have to disagree with the assumption that he has done nothing for blacks in America. He has quietly provided benefits and widened welfare programs dramatically. Food stamps – sorry – SNAP EBT benefits have been doubled as far as the amount spent per year since 2007; Social Security Disability recipients have more than doubled in the same period of time; all other welfare type programs have increased; and the free cell phone program is so popular that they are called Obamaphones in many neighborhoods. And what about the 80,000 tax cheats in the Tampa area alone who are sending in falsified returns and receiving $5000 to $25000 in refunds?* He has done MUCH to endear himself to that group, and though many of those recipients are taking advantage of the “free stuff,” he is, pardon the term, enslaving them to the Democrat mantra – much to their eventual dismay.

The same folks that you know and respect are not thinking about the damage he is doing to the group that he is feeding, as those children will be even worse off.

*As documented recently in the Tampa Bay Times

• paul vincent zecchino September 1, 2012 at 11:27 pm #

Wow! Had no idea of this as our local Sarasota Herald Tribune (Sarasocialist Feral Fib-fumes) has remained silent about it.

Can’t imagine why. Mr. Frank’s website continues to be a great source of intel.

z

3. dgill000 August 31, 2012 at 8:58 pm #

You never hear anyone remind blacks that it is just as racist to vote for a black because he is black as it would be to vote against a black because he is black. They think their vote is patriotic. It is unfathomable how Colin Powell, a lifelong Republican, could vote for Obama. And he, as well as the rest of the black population, would be offended if you told them they are racist.

• paul vincent zecchino September 1, 2012 at 11:29 pm #

There’s something about Powell that has never rung true, never been able to stand the sight of him – not him per se, but there’s always been a look in his eyes, it’s long been troubling, as if he’s not on the level.

His ‘fundamental transformation’ betrayal was pure mendacity and race politics. Horrible.

I hate it when instincts again are proven right.

4. Michael Swanson August 31, 2012 at 9:28 pm #

Spot on as usual, Marshall. I always wonder if someone out there is thinking just like me, and you invariably do! Thank you for this great post!

5. Chris August 31, 2012 at 9:42 pm #

I suspect (and might be wrong) that some of his support among the black populace has eroded. You won’t find many blacks stand up and say so, but he will get fewer votes from the blacks, out of ennui…out of hard working, solid Christian folks who don’t like his gay marraige crap, and even some who realize they picked the wrong black guy to be the president.
    Exit polls are going to be completely false this year. The lame stream media is going to be scratching all over wondering how they could have been so wrong.

Bob from Ga is right however. The folks who got disability under the Owebama administration do owe ‘bama for their lifetime welfare payments. A hidden voter buyoff it I ever saw one. This corrupt, disgusting, despicable bunch can’t get tossed out fast enough for me.

I have heard (ad nauseum) how folks just HATED Bush. The “kumbaya singing” nut bags from the left who believe in diversity as long as it is their idea of diversity, just flat out hated Bush, and wished him dead, dismembered, etc. etc. While I am not nearly as harsh as Bush’s critics, I can understand what I would call “intense dislike” for a president, like the one who is about to be sent back to wherever he came from. I mean Chicago, of course.

6. Ralph E. August 31, 2012 at 10:52 pm #

Chris – Nearly All Of The Blacks Will Continue To “Vote Skin” regardless of MLK’s

“I Have A Dream… That All Men will one day be judged, not by the color of their Skin,
    But By The Content Of Their Character. I Have a Dream…”

Four-Star General Colin Powell would have been a better choice, but even he would
    not allow himself the Logic of Reason to prevail. POWELL VOTED SKIN!

wHAT fOOLs wE mORTaLS bE. – reb

___ ___

7. ken August 31, 2012 at 11:27 pm #

All too true. Thank you Marshall.

8. Anonymous August 31, 2012 at 11:33 pm #

Though, I didn’t vote for Obama, when he was elected, I thought it will be okay and our country will show the world that the majority of Americans aren’t prejudice. However, it hasn’t been okay. Obama did not know how to lead dissimilar groups, to reach out to both sides of the aisle as Reagan and Clinton did. He has created more and more debt and more and more devisiiveness. Yet, there is a feeling by a large percentage of the blacks if they don’t vote for “their kind” they are indeed being disloyal.

In addition, the golden goose shouldn’t be challenged. A consequence of the hand outs, food stamps, government subsidies, housing, medicaid, free cell phones et al, is that it will be so easy not to pull one’s boots up and make an effort to be self sufficent. We have expanded the welfare roles and dependency. Welfare families begat welfare families and the Liberal Democrats laugh all the way to the capital, because they have new chattel.

There is a growing wiser, moderate group of blacks that know the truth and are speaking out.

Patti in Southern California

• ken September 1, 2012 at 12:21 am #

I hope you are right.

9. John Chinn September 1, 2012 at 12:16 am #

Again. Marshall you have nailed it. But one thing we should not forget. It is not just the Black Skinned members of our population that voted color in 2008. It was the white skinned people , those who really elected Obama, who voted his color.

Back to the Black vote. I have no doubt that the pangs of disloyalty , if I vote for someone other than Obama , are highly influential. What I wonder, and we will likely not know until after the election, is how many Black people will just not vote.

Would it not be a testimony of disgust , if after the 2012 election we found a large percentage of the Black population just stayed home.

Bottom line. Marshall is right. What Black vote there is will vote, in the majority , for Obama. No matter how much he has spit in their faces.

10. Swifty September 1, 2012 at 12:22 am #

IF YOU ARE BLACK…………….YES. THAT IS ALL THAT MATTERS. Sorry I feel that way but, I have 76 years of experience that have molded this frame of mind.\\\\\
    Swifty

11. Skip Bollinger September 1, 2012 at 2:24 am #

It never ceases to amaze me why the politically correct crowd (especially the media) attach so much importance to skin color, something that is an inherent characteristic in every human being, and one over which none of us has any control. While our Creator gives us choices about many things in life, such as how we choose to behave, the field of endeavor we pursue and those with whom we decide to associate, our pigmentation has always been what He, in His omniscient wisdom, deemed proper to bequeath to each of us as individuals. It is neither asset nor liability; it just is what it is.

While, by modifying our diet and exercise habits, we can control our physique (and girth) to a considerable degree, we’re pretty much stuck with our height. Being of any particular race, ethnicity or heritage should never be considered a qualifier (nor dis-qualifier) for public office; any qualifications should be based on those things that God did give us control over – honesty, integrity, good character, experience and, one would hope, a nominal measure of wisdom and intelligence. When selecting those who will govern our nation’s affairs, we would do well to focus on those traits that they have chosen to cultivate rather than those beyond their control. It’s all about character – Dr. King got it right.

Once again, Marshall lays out some well reasoned points…

• Chris September 1, 2012 at 12:47 pm #

Skip…you are exactly right.

Swifty, I feel bad that you feel that way. If people of other races felt that way, a black would never get elected to any office. Think long and hard about that one.

It IS as skip quoted, about character, not color. It always will be about character. To do anything less, keeps us back in the segregationist days.

12. Bill Solen September 1, 2012 at 2:33 am #

It’s the same old song and the same old dance. Nothing changes and the tide of equality moves slowly away, not because of white racists but rather due to black loyalty to race even when it becomes a race liability.

13. Ralph E. September 1, 2012 at 3:09 am #

Snake Hunter Sez,

Well Finally, we can openly discuss the variations of RACE.. without equivocation.

Very few people, even among Obama’s friends knew… that he was a “closet muslim”,
    but his radical friend Bill Ayers Knew it, Precisely! That’s why Bill Ayers solicited a
    Black Nationalist and outspoken enemy of Israel, name Khalid Abdullah Tariq Mansour
    (an orthodox Muslim) and mentor to Black Panther founder Huey Newton, and this guy Mansour was the Financial Advisor to…. SAUDI MEGA BILLIONAIRE HRH Prince Alwaleed bin Talal…. to pay for the Young UNKNOWN BARACK HUSSEIN OBAMA’S
    HARVARD LAW EDUCATION… From 1988 to 1991.

Research It… http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/2445630/posts?page=51
    ___ ___

14. Steve Gure September 1, 2012 at 2:08 pm #

You are right on that one. There are without a doubt many great black people. I admired them greatly when they fought for equality but somewhere along the line they became racist. Equal right for all is no longer their goal. I am very disapointed.

• ken September 1, 2012 at 3:22 pm #

unfortunately, you are right

15. Jerry September 1, 2012 at 4:35 pm #

Marshall, while I agree with you in principle, I’m not convinced that he will get their vote in numbers like we saw in 08. I believe that there are a fair number of blacks that have awakened to the fact that he is chronic liar and the antithesis of what this country stands for. Certainly there remains some lame democrats that are too blind so see beyond party rhetoric but I firmly believe that he is going to loose and by a larger margin that he might think possible.

16. Bill Stringer September 2, 2012 at 10:43 am #

Hey Marshall,
    A good article, but not surprising, it wouldnt matter if the rate of unemployed
    blacks was 50% and ALL of them were on food stamps they would still vote
    for the Democrat and even more so for a black Democrat. Just look at OLD
    Charlie Rangel, I venture to say that had Charlie been white he would be in
    jail. That is a not a stretch either, its a fact. Rangel got away with cheating
    on his taxes and not claiming income for years and years just because he
    was a black celebrity. I say celebrity because to call him a congressman
    would be a lie, he did pretty much nothing in his so called career except
    stay there forever and get re-elected. Rangel could have shot someone at
    high noon and have it caught on tape and he STILL would have be sent back
    to Washington. Sad isn’t it. I am disgusted by blacks who quote MLK, or use
    his image for gain, political or otherwise. Matter of fact I would venture to say
    that MLK would be totally disgusted with the blacks in power today.
    ps: OLD Charlie is still there, I rest my case.

17. Roger September 2, 2012 at 11:17 am #

In 2008 Obama got 80% of the minority vote and 40% of the white vote. I don’t think he can get the same and probably even a lower percent of the minority vote. A month ago he was at 38% of the white vote. This was before Ryan and the Republican convention.

I believe minorities, the media, Obama’s lies and false hopes(lower the oceans and heal the earth) along with “white guilt” sealed his victory. I see a lessening of everything but the incorrigible liberal media. But people are becoming aware of them also.

But I’m still voting just in case.

18. reality September 2, 2012 at 6:45 pm #

Wow: in 2008, we had a choice between the man who said War on Iraq would be quick, easy, and cheap, and the man who said we should not have sent troops into Iraq. Now this November, you have a choice between the man who finally got Osama bin Laden dead, and the man who says he would not have gone into Pakistan to get the guy who killed almost 3000 Americans on 9/11.

• Roger September 3, 2012 at 10:02 am #

You left out at last 5,000,000,000,000 other reasons not to vote for Zero Soetoro.

• Roger September 3, 2012 at 10:03 am #

least

19. Jay September 4, 2012 at 5:40 pm #

Hello Marshall . . . by the way . . . this is the only forum I will discuss politics. Usually, I do not discuss it in public or as most of my friends do it on Face Book. I have friends from all walks of life – - – - and no matter what their political beliefes are, I love them the same. I am sure you are that way too.

We know that race will always be an issue.
    And sometimes reality is not the outcome we want……But it is reality. When my sister and I discuss politics, it is not a heated debate anymore like when we were younger.

Now . . . our tone is not who the best candidate is; but it is more to the point of – - – who will be elected because of public opinion. (Not because we have passion for a certain candidate) More so – - – why this person will be in office even though we might disagree with thier politics.

It is true, Obama does have a bulk of the minority votes. Also, he has the backing from from Hollywood. That is a fact. Therefore, there are quadruple campaign funds compared to Mitt Romney.

But my sister and I are minorities. Our parents came here from India. We were born in the United States. We try to stay up to date with local Indian American news as well as news from India. From what I know – - – there has been a growing number of Indian American conservatives in this country. I know that there is governor Nikki Haley from South Carolina and Louisiana governor Bobby Jindal. Both of them were raised by their immigrant parents from India.

As proud as Indian conservatives toot their horn about two Indian American governors, they are just as proud of the non Indian American conservatives in office. (From my impression) I don’t think they have a loyalty for thier race when it comes to political candidates. When I hear African Americans who will vote for Obama because he is black, the main thought the goes through my mind is resentment from the past….ie….slavery and poor treatments of African Americans in this country. And yes, on a history timeline scale, it was like yesterday. It is something we are all ashamed of.
    But now we have a young generation of African American youth who hold a strong resentment. I am not trying justifying the mindset or behavior, but the hatred is in the bones.

On the other hand, (my sister and I) our origins are from India. The British ruled and occupied India until they got thier Independence in 1947. Again – - – my sister and I were born here in the US and we do not hold and resentment from the past because our past is different from the African Americans. The British did take slaves from India to other parts of Europe and there were many cruel crimes inflicted on the Indian people too. To this day – - – - I don’t hold any resentment to the British. Also, to us, 1947 is like yesterday too. Many people in India can tell you the horrors of British rule.

As we know, hatred is like a cancer. As people, we will never move forward if we hold a grudge from the past and blame people of todays generation.

The point I am trying to make, is that it is a matter of time. . . . and perhaps sooner than we know – - – - that more minorities will vote conservative. I know there are more African American minorities compared to Indian Americans in this country. But if not in this current election, I know we will see more minorities voting conservative.

I love this country . . . and the best thing about it . . . is that it is an ever evolving country that goes through constant change (no matter how good or bad that change is) Opinions change.

Perhaps

20. Jay September 4, 2012 at 5:47 pm #

We know that race will always be an issue.

• paul vincent zecchino September 5, 2012 at 12:33 am #

Hi Jay –

A pleasure to read your post. Likley far more people have been mistreated than not, it’s man’s history, yet no one my family knows holds grudges for past misdeeds.

None of our friends of Irish descent are roasting Cromwell blow-up dolls on a spit.

Much of the Blacks’ resentment has been perpetuated by a clever media which marches in lockstep with academia and politicans for the usual motives of money and power.

How many times have we turned on some PBS special about aviation, music, calligraphy, or doll making – you name it – only to note that about halfway thru, the narrator switches to, ‘But many people still recall the days when evil Reaganites persecuted the African American calligraphers who hand-sewed dolls in their spare time, when they weren’t flying intel missions in the SR-71 while playing Coltrane on the Hi-Altitude Pressure Saxophone at 60,000 feet…’

blah blah blah….it never ends.

Like the Bourbons, they’ve forgotten nothing and learned nothing.

21. Ralph E. September 4, 2012 at 7:56 pm #

Snake Hunter Sez,

GREETINGS JAY – I am delighted to meet you here in this open forum!

I’m proud to say that I am a personal friend of Marshall Frank; I have his signed copy of one of my most treasured books, ‘Militant Islam In America’.

Question: Have you read “Thoughts of a Nationalist Indian” by Dharmaveer. You can
    quickly find a number of this fine author’s articles in our Snake Hunter’s Weblog. Just scroll down several posts until you reach “Links worth your time”… Near the bottom,
    you will find…

Dharmaveer’s “Thoughts Of A Nationalist Indian” – reb

___ ___

• Jay September 5, 2012 at 7:24 pm #

A pleasure to meet you too Snake . . . .

I will look into Dharmaveer’s “Thoughts Of A Nationalist Indian”

Kind regards,

Jay

22. chris September 5, 2012 at 1:45 am #

There have been a number of minorites that have come to the United States after blacks came here. Indian Americans, Vietnamese Americans, Korean Americans Chinese Americans…the list goes on an on…and they have assimilated and have moved up the economic chain quickly, as well as generally integrating into society. There is little discrimination, and there is no question that there is a visual difference – a reason that has been used as an excuse by some folks of color as one which makes discrimination easy. I am not buying it. There is something else.
    Is it because all the new minorities have come here not just willingly, but wanting a better life, whereas blacks generally can trace their ancestry to slavery? Those folks came here not exactly looking forward to the trip or their future. Maybe we ARE dealing with a grudge which has been passed down from generation to generation, for the past 150 years. Whatever, Jay is right…hatred is hatred, and it is indeed a cancer.
    Following the logic laid out above, is it not interesting that the descendants of the folks that came here by force…those that would become slaves…those who after many many generations are may still be holding a grudge, are voting for a black man whose father CHOSE to come here? And that man is completely disatisfied with everything about our country, wanting to change it all. Capitalism is out, and Marxism will be in, if we reelect Obama. If that happens, the black population will never truly assimilate, and never be able to go for the brass ring that all the minorties that have come here since them, have been able to achieve. Seems like in voting for someone that is more their color, than his opponent, they are shooting themselves in their feet as far as their future is concerned.

The enlightened folks such as Mia Love, Michael Steele, Condeleeza RIce, and other conservative blacks have seen that the American dream is very much possible for EVERYONE…and it will never be achieved by big government, Marxism, communism or socialism. Some people have gotten past the grudges, and the hatred. Too bad most haven’t.

23. reality September 5, 2012 at 5:05 pm #

Chris says: “And that man (Obama) is completely disatisfied with everything about our country, wanting to change it all. Capitalism is out, and Marxism will be in, if we reelect Obama”. That is NOT true. Obamacare keeps private insurance companies in control, BUT “The People”-that’s what government is, require that they spend 80% of the premiums they collect on actual healthcare. That is NOT Marxism. IT is COMMON Sense, and it stops CEO’s from tapping peoples’ premiums for themselves. Michelle Obama has described herself as: “black from a distance”. Can none of you imagine what it was like to have been a slave, or even like Condolezza Rice, who is 40% European, and yet been instantly identifiable as a member of what many, many “assimilated immigrant descendants”, considered an “inferior race”? And where do you get this assumption that Blacks are full of hatred? Barack Obama has OVER and OVER said, we are the United States of America. The states who left the Union because they wanted to keep Slavery, are the ones who did NOT believe in the United States of America. Wasn’t it TX, a former slave state, who lately threatened to secede?

• Bob in GA September 5, 2012 at 5:47 pm #

Government regulating how private companies are run is Socialist at least and Marxist at worst. We now have the government with HIGH levels of control of the following industries: Utilities, Petroleum, Banking, Finance, Insurance, Auto Manufacturing, and now – most powerfully – control the entire future of health insurance companies in the country. The gov’t is a stroke of the pen or a single tax law away from putting these companies out of business. Additionally – never before has the ADA, EPA, TSA (Homeland Security), and Dept. of Agriculture had more power over how businesses are run. Did you know that hundreds, if not thousands of hotels across the country are closing their swimming pools because they cannot afford to install the lift equipment REQUIRED by the ADA so handicap folks can also have access? There may never be someone who needs that, but EVERY hotel must install at a cost of $20,000 +. We are going over the edge folks.

24. reality September 6, 2012 at 2:48 pm #

Dear Bob in GA: Government is us-we the people. 60% of General Dynamics (a so-called “private” enterprise) profits, come from Government contracts? $54 Billion taxpayer $$ have already gone to Lockheed for EIGHTEEN planes, supposedly replacements for the Joint Strike fighter jets that are all worn out flying to Iraq and back to bomb to smithereens, a country that had nothing to do with 9/11, and that in fact was broke, because it started an 8-year long war with the Ayatollah of Iran! Google: Bush jokes about WMD, to see the former prez in a tux, pretending to look under his desk, in 2004, when 385 Americans had already been killed. Americans are still being sent to Afghanistan, almost 12 years after Karl Rove boasted: Republicans go to War, while Dems dither. The CEO of Humana said insurance companies can only succeed if everyone has to buy health insurance. I’ve been on a Humana Medicare Advantage Plan since before Obamacare, and now after. I still pay no premiums, the co-pays are reasonable, but NOW, no scary calls saying they are auditing me, and everyone in the several drs. and medical care facilities I’ve had to go to, seem a whole lot happier. I did notice a lone drug salesman came right back out, instead of staying back with the staff, as usual. He told a fellow patient, that now they had to arrange meetings in a public place with a whole lot of drs. You do know Repubs in 2003 FORBADE Medicare to negotiate bulk prices with big Pharma, as Canada does, and all the “socialized” countries do? Which is why they pay way less than we do. And wasn’t Jesus a “socialist”?

• Bob in GA September 6, 2012 at 3:42 pm #

Hey – if you think Big Government will make your life better, good for you. I’m not going to convince you otherwise. But name me one thing that government has fixed. Poverty? No. Corporate profits? No – well maybe yes because there are more regulations on profits, and the economy still hasn’t gotten better. (not that I have a problem with corporate profits. That’s where investment and employment come from.) Education? Hell no! “Climate change?” No. Healthcare? My premiums have gone up last two years, and I just learned they will go up MORE next year than the last two years combined. And there are fewer doctors in my area because so many of them are leaving practice – including my best friend who can’t afford his $200,000 annual malpractice insurance. Which brings me to another problem not solved – frivolous legal suits. NO, NO, NO. How about closing GITMO? No. Get us out of Afghanistan? Not yet. Obama said he would fix the economy in four years or he wouldn’t deserve another term – in his own words. Bye bye Obama and your socialist BS. And I can site you why Jesus is a capitalist – but our political discussion has nothing to do with my personal savior – your folks don’t even want to acknowledge him as part of our daily life. Why do you bring him up?

• Bob in GA September 6, 2012 at 5:33 pm #

If you pay no premiums for health insurance, you are likely a union member. Fewer than 10% of employees these days pay no premiums, so you have no relationship to those of us who pay at least part of our premiums. And – more than likely – your employer is either a government agency (which relies on MY tax dollars for your employment – and also means I am paying MY insurance and for yours) or you belong to a company that could be more efficient and hire more workers – if it wasn’t unionized. Why are companies in the south growing and hiring more workers than in the northeast and west? Hmmm….

25. Bob in GA September 6, 2012 at 5:40 pm #

I have to read a little more closely. You are on a Medicare plan. Excellent. Not sure how you pay no premiums though. NO PREMIUMS is not an option for the years after 2023. And you must know there is no way to fully fund an entire country’s healthcare and elder care when you are talking almost 400 million people. 400 billionaires (that’s all there are in the US) can’t make a dent in a 16 TRILLION dollar deficit, let alone pay for your healthcare and mine…. 1 Billionaire for every million citizens. Yeah – let’s tax them more, but not the rest of us…

26. clearstory September 8, 2012 at 12:55 am #

Just like the racist,bigoted,gun nut vote is for Romney and the Rupublican’s Sure not all Republican’s are racist but all racist and bigots vote Republican. Remember”welfare queen, Willie Horton and the attacks on John McCain by W. Or the Obama is not one of us or a Muslim. Muslim is the new N word . Racist for Romney, Ryan

• Bob in GA September 8, 2012 at 1:36 am #

You’re kidding – right? Who makes the rules for what is racist? Apparently – Republicans are racists by using the term “Chicago politics,” but Dems aren’t racist by saying “They want to put y’all back in chains?” Democrat black Americans are good, but Republican black Americans are Uncle Toms? We don’t play by your rules – you who want to keep black Americans on the plantation and anyone who doesn’t agree is stupid or racist. You sicken me…

27. Ralph E. September 8, 2012 at 3:47 am #

Snake Hunter here -
    ______________________________________________

Sir Bob in Ga – What these ‘dim bulbs’ cannot understand is…..

In 2008 – It was Hope, and hold up yer Blue Sign… “CHANGE”

By 2009 – Hope, was still a fanciful.. Dream

In 2011 – “Hang In There; Don’t Panic… things are gettin’ better!

2012 – “Show ‘Em A Happy Face… and let’s all go “FORWARD”

reb
    ___ ___

28. Ralph E. September 8, 2012 at 4:18 pm #

Snake Hunter Sez,

Unless you have been “conditioned” to spout the “Progressive Party Line”… you are automatically presumed to be a racist and a war-monger that wants dirty air & water.

Folks like Ms Unreality, her mentor Pam J, and this dizzy ‘clearstory’ will ignore the fact that the national average ‘gas at the pump’ on Jan 20, 2009 was $1.84, and now
    is $3.84. They all hated Gov Sarah Palin when she said, “Drill here in ANWR” for $2 Gas,or that President Obama “delayed for a year” the Keystone XL Pipeline from Alberta, Canada to Oil Refineries in the USA, that would have helped us break an O.P.E.C. deadlock on American Energy Independence. Obama wants us forever tied to his Saudi Arabia, Brazilian Petrobras and Hugo Chavez Venesuelan high-sulpher black-smoking Crude Oil for our deisel trucking fleets.

Now, we are in the middle of an election year, and O-Bla-bla is shifting his strategy, openly making Pro-energy Noises about “Fracking Technologies” and how we can create 600,000 new jobs with Natural Gas! — Finally, Change We Can Believe In!

So, it seems that these clever chicago swine that write Obama’s speeches for him, while he is playing another 18 holes of golf, are getting nervous about their dopey- dupes “jumping ship” and voting with the Independents. Now, after nearly four years
    of delay and obfuscation, they suddenly like… Hydrolic Deep-Well Fracturing!

reb

___ ___

• chris September 8, 2012 at 4:44 pm #

RIght on Ralph. What a hoot that he is “talking” fracking. Even NY State under that reprehensible swine Coooomo (the real architect of the economic disaster we still are dealing with), is talking fracking here in NY. Ho ho ho. Wonder how the uber (mentally deranged) left will deal with this? Defending Owebama (and fracking) by the leftist tree hugging enviro-wackos is something I really want to see. The spin will be in..exactly like the truly mentally deficient Debby Does Charlotte Blabbermouth Vassssserrrrmaannnnn-schuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuultttz did after she was caught in a direct lie…deny deny deny…and then expect the media to defend her…and of course most of the water carriers like Chris”thrillupmylegs” Matthews will do that.

Kinda brings a lump to the throat when you see a left wing zealot like Owebama cave to really looking for energy here in the US.

29. Ralph E. September 9, 2012 at 4:50 am #

Snake-Hunter to Chris Jay,

Another odd thing I’ve noticed about those ‘enviro-wackos’… they don’t like to protect themselves… with guns. Well I suppose that’s o.k… Children shouldn’t be allowed to play with weapons anyway, and adults are certainly more secure with them.

I’ve discovered that my guard dog gets really nervous, and alert, when I’m talking quietly with a “progressive” fellow in my neighborhood; Instinctively, he wants to protect me from this nincompoop! Good dog, good dog. – reb

___ ___

30. chris September 9, 2012 at 12:31 pm #

Obviously, your dog is smarter than the “progressive”. Incidentally, isn’t progressive the sanitized name for communist? Or is it socialist? Or is it liberal? Or is it nazi? Well, come to think of it, don’t they all mean the same thing? Just like the uber left. They keep having to change the name, when it no longer suits them. Kinda like:

Only the uber left could vote to ban God and Jerusalem from their platform, by voice vote, AND because the telepromter said so, state in front of everyone that 2/3 of the delegates voted to put God and Jerusalem back in the platform. You could see the “moderate” Islamic delegate about to lose his mind when he heard that he had to be a part of the party that stated Jerusalem was the capital of Israel. Love those moderates…

Party of inclusion? What a joke. Democraps are without doubt the party of divisiveness, bigotry, hatred, narrowmindedness and extremism. Can’t wait to see Owebama get his little brown-uniformed kids back out to run around raising their right arms to him, and singing their owebama songs. Ummmmmmmm, mmmmmmmmmmmm, good.

Pass me the barf bags please.

31. dcomus September 9, 2012 at 2:52 pm #

I don’t think blacks voting for Obama in such huge numbers is only because he is black. It is also heavily a democrat thing. I believe, for example, people like Gore received 90 percent of the black vote compared to Bush. How much support do black republicans like Allen West receive from the back community? Near zero.

What percent of the back vote would a black republican receive running against a white democrat? I suspect the white democrat would still receive 90 percent of the black vote. Voting for a democrat is what seems to rule with blacks the most. If democratic candidate is also black that is just a big bonus, so even more blacks vote for him.

But there is no question the black voting block is a confusing bunch, driven more by emotions than logic and what is truly right and wrong. This video from the past is a striking example of that: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rJlBS7GHnaA

• chris September 9, 2012 at 8:37 pm #

Not sure you are right dc. I think Allen West does well in the black community. The truth is that MOST black folks are quite conservative in their beliefs…as in they do NOT like abortion, they do not like homosexual marraige…the are strong family oriented people…
      The dems think they have the blacks sewed up as a voting block. As blacks start to realize that the dems do NOT have their backs, things may change. People like Mia Love, Allen West, Herman Cain, and hispanics like Susana Martinez, and Marco Rubio and Indian Americans such as Bobby Jindal and Nikki Haley. These people have been elected by majorities…whites, blacks…and hispanics. These people represent the mainstream…not the dullards of the uber left we saw at the DNC…like Vasssserrrrmaaaaaan-Schuuuuuuuuuuuultttttttttttz, who cannot tell the truth if she fell over it. And the phoney vote to put God and Jerusalem back in their platform…the delagates obviously wanted NO GOD, NO JERUSALEM. That itself, goes against the ideals of black America, and the good black Americans will realize that dems do NOT represent them, other than to keep them down, on welfare, and subservient to the fed. govt.

• dcomus September 9, 2012 at 9:12 pm #

Chris, I wish you were correct but I agree closer with Alan Keyes’ recent article: http://www.wnd.com/2012/09/black-america-reaping-harvest-of-racial-idolatry/

It is one thing when secular people vote for candidates and a party that does not support socially conservative issues (we expect that), but when supposed Christians do — as cited in the above article – that is very troubling.

The real question is when will the true black Christians that strongly support Obama finally reach the point where enough is enough and bail on him and the democratic party that now seems to follow the European secular humanist model of rule?

• chris September 10, 2012 at 12:37 am #

I am hopeful…I am prayerful…that your last paragraph comes true sooner than later. We will never know how many concerned Christian black voters will actually vote this year…or how many will just stay home, because they cannot publically denounce Owebama, but cannot stomach pulling the lever for him. What we will hear is the percentages of the voters. It will be 90 or 92 vs 10 or 8. Like the unemployment rate, they will not count the ones who quit looking…or quit voting.
          The more black voters hear the truth, and see the truth, the harder it will be for them to go to the polling places. Better to just tell their buds that they still support Owebama, and not have to hear the junk.

• chris September 10, 2012 at 12:41 am #

And one other thing…I can understand…completely… the loyalty to having the first black president. It is not the color, however, as we all know. It is that OweB is bringing us down the road to the European model…as you said. It sickens me to think that blacks are shooting themselves in their own behinds by voting for this fool. They are putting themselves back to the turn of the LAST century. Pity.

32. Ralph E. September 9, 2012 at 4:30 pm #

Snake Hnter Sez,

To All That Read Marshall Frank’s Fine Articles on Current Events…

THANK A TEACHER.

IF… YOU’VE READ IT IN ENGLISH ( I hope that you have the good sense )

TO THANK OUR “U.S.MILITARY COMPLEX” AND ‘MILITARY FAMILIES’ THAT
    PROUDLY SERVE THE GREATEST NATION IN WORLD HISTORY. – reb

___ ___

33. Ralph E. September 10, 2012 at 4:03 am #

To: Chris Jay and ‘dcomus’ –

The Left and the Right Winger both have strong emotional “talking points”
    and both sides are weak in coming up with verifiable, “fact-base evidence” to
    support their ideas, and long-held political notions:

SO… Here’s my Snake Hunter Solution: IF I State that I have Verifiable Proof,

‘PROOF THAT’S BEYOND A REASONABLE DOUBT’ THAT A WELL-KNOWN TOP POLITICAL FIGURE… THAT PRETENDS TO BE.. A CHRISTIAN, BUT HE IS…
    IN FACT, A “CLOSET MUSLIM”……

- WOULD ANY OF YOU..DARE TO ASK ME..TO SHOW YOU.. VERIFIABLE PROOF?

Here’s the Deal – I have in my possession… this Iron-clad Proof… that I am willing
    to send to… Your Post Office Box Number… Your First Name Only… Postage Paid.

reb – http://www.lazyonebenn.blogspot.com
    ___ ___.

34. chris September 10, 2012 at 11:24 am #

You won’t get any argument from me, Ralph. The people who ought to see the proof will never ask for it, however, because they don’t want to know.

35. Ralph E. September 10, 2012 at 3:39 pm #

Chris – Don’t Be Too Sure About That.

I rec’d a phone call this morning from a neighbor that recently moved to an east coast
    town. He read yesterday’s comment, and said: “I’d like to read “your proof”, but I don’t want to publicize my name and address on the internet”.
    Solution: Have a friend (or trusted relative) get a six-month Post Office Box for $20 bucks. All I need is an…ANONYMOUS FIRST NAME AND P.O. NUMBER.. And I’ll Send
    The Complete Package to Any Curious Person, Regardless Of Party-Label Loyalty.

Distributing Verifiable Solid Info… At My Expense… It’s What I Do!…
    P.S. – Ask Marshall Frank… He knows about my “Lending Library” – reb

___ ___

36. chris September 11, 2012 at 1:41 pm #

While this note is perhaps better suited for one of the older blogs which equate Owe-B and his muslim background, I find the older blogs no longer will allow comments. So, in memory of my brothers in law enforcement…in memory of my cousins in other emergency service, all who gave their lives eleven years ago almost to the hour as I write this…WE have NOT FORGOTTEN what those slimy, sneaky, backboneless terrorists did to America, and the sacrifices you brave folks made.

What struck me again, today, as I watched this once again unfold on TV, was that these non humans attacked the people of this country….not our Army, our Navy, our Marines, or our Air Force. They attacked innocents, and they did it from behind a tree and with anonymity. Is there any wonder why I hold people who write with pseudonyms in such contempt? We were attacked by people with a yellow streak a mile wide, and now we are on the precipace of seeing a nuclear Iran, while we sit and do nothing about it. 9/11 will pale in comparison to what that insane ahmadinejad will do with a bomb. Oh, yeah, the Seals were allowed to nail Bin Laden. But look what has happened with the rest of the middle east. The rise of fundamental (read radical) Islam in the middle east is horrific, and Owe-b not only did not stop it, he encouraged it.

Buckle up folks.

37. Ralph E. September 11, 2012 at 4:57 pm #

Snake Hunter Speaks Clearly…

A COMMANDER-IN-CHIEF DILUTES HISTORY
    __________________________________________________

Once again on 9/11/2012, our nation paused in rememberance of the grievous attack we suffered a decade ago when nearly 3,000 innocent lives were lost in New York City, at the Pentagon,
    and in an open field in Shanksville, Pennsylvania.

Former CIA Director Leon Panetta spoke a few solemn words
    before introducing Barach H. Obama… I’ll admit, at first I was only half-listening… then I clearly heard these words from Obama:

“Our fight .. is with al Queda,, Not Islam”!!!

Well, I’d like to remind this fellow, that before there ever was
    an al Queda, there was a most evil Grand Ayatollah Khomeini,
    and on November 4, 1979…he ordered his student minions to attack our legally held U.S. Embassy in Tehran, Iran.

Under International Law, that was ‘An Act of War’.

Furthermore, this unlawful action, by a ‘Head of State’
    was viewed by the Majority of UMMAH (The Entire)…. Combined Populations of 1.3 Billion People of ISLAM
    as a calculated attack on Infidel Populations in the U.S.A.,
    and also a warning that ISLAM’s holiest book, the Qur’an…
    contained a Command Dicta… for World Domination.

reb – - > http://www.lazyonebenn.blogspot.com

38. reality September 11, 2012 at 4:58 pm #

Dear Chris: If “Triple Cross”, by Peter Lance is true, then a whole lot of Americans receiving govt. checks for a long time, should have done their jobs and protected us. Fireman Ronny Buca is in there-he knew another attack was coming. A muslim named Emad Salem warned of the first attack, and Lance names the FBI people who blew him off. And NORAD doesn’t do attacks from within? And you do know Iran is Shia, enemies of Sunnis, and Saddam Hussein had killed 1 million Iranians in the 8 year long war he started against the Ayatollah. Bush took out Saddam, Iran’s worst enemy. You just started paying attention on that terrible day, September 11, 2001? “Inside Job” by Jim Marrs, has the widows’, families’, and friends’ research and questions.