JACKIE EVANCHO – THE SINGING ANGEL

Jackie Evancho, age 10, did not win first place in this year’s America’s Got Talent Show. Michael Grimm, a nice looking fellow and a decent singer/guitarist won the million dollars. That’s because of the demographics en masse of viewers who vote. Young girls watch by the millions, and they vote with all the cell phones they can get their hands on.

That’s okay. The good news, is that the world now knows Jackie Evancho, much like it now knows Susan Boyle. These kinds of talents remain hidden in the pockets of the country, until they emerge in shows like this. Now, Miss Evancho’s future has brightened, for her and her family. And we are all the better for it.

If you google “America’s Got Talent,” the hits are all about this beautiful young phenom who sings like angel. Grimm is buried in the news.

From the first time I watched during her initial appearance singing an operatic aria, I was stunned with her poise, her clarity and her perfect pitch. Folks were questioning how such a mature voice could emanate from such a young and tiny body. But it does. And the only reason I am writing this blog is to share the experience and the incredible talent with everyone who hasn’t had the privilege. Nuff said. Prepare for the hair to rise on your arms. Please enjoy: (turn up the sound)

Click here: YouTube – JACKIE EVANCHO AVE MARIA

Click here: YouTube — Jackie Evancho

Click here: Jackie Evancho – America’s Got Talent 2010 – “Time To Say Goodbye”

20 Responses to JACKIE EVANCHO – THE SINGING ANGEL

1. Jack Milavic September 17, 2010 at 10:46 am #

Completely agree. Heard a great comment two days ago. TV person suggested Jackie receive the million dollars and Michael Grimm receive the Las Vegas contract.

2. Anonymous September 17, 2010 at 10:55 am #

Awesome
    Pres Dick

3. Sue September 17, 2010 at 11:17 am #

I don’t watch a lot of ‘America’s Got Talent.’ But, I did watch Jackie. She has such grace and effortless singing. At first I had a difficult time believing she was actually singing. I guess a lot of people accused her of lip synching. But, we were assured it was indeed her singing. It takes your breath away. And, the dignity and class she showed when Michael won was amazing. She is years above her chronilogical age. She must be an old soul. Michael was just a middle of the road singer. Jackie certainly should have won. Even for people who don’t like opera have to admit her voice is phenominal. Heck even Prince Poppycock has a better voice than Michael. Who would pay to see Michael play in LV? Not me. I’d pay to see Jackie or Poppycock. And, Poppycock has the flair of a LV show, not Michael. America got cheated on this one. I kind of feel sorry for the LV stage that has to feature Michael to a bare house when they could have had a packed house with Jackie or Poppycock. I doubt Michael will last long in LV. I know a lot of singers way better than he is. Too bad when America votes for popularity instead of talent.

4. crossv September 17, 2010 at 11:43 am #

Totally agree. I also encourage listeners to view Jackie with Sarah Brightman on the final program. In her own simple clean way, Jackie’s performance holds its own in comparison. I don’t think Jackie needs to go too fast with her voice and I hope she balances it with the many other facets of life. I also hope that someday Sissel can have some advice or influence over her career. Sissel has two daughters, the youngest just a year or so older than Jackie. I addition to a fantastic clear voice she seems much more grounded and less full of herself than most world class vocalists. I recommend her Pie Jesu http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DSKnkqAOhpA
    for an example of her voice, and this Solo Mio for her attitude http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CqWxV5U8NMc, plus this recording with Placido Domingo for her heart http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LZC82DYro1c

5. Anonymous September 17, 2010 at 11:50 am #

Ditto to previous reply. She is amazing.
    Lois & Bob

6. Your former boss September 17, 2010 at 2:43 pm #

Concur (for a change). B and I have seen all of her performances and also agree she should have won.B, who is an alto in her choir agrees that she has perfect pitch.Jackie has raised the standard for that show: she’ll be at the Met before she can vote.Her stage presence is awesome.

7. Lura Zerick September 17, 2010 at 3:21 pm #

Thank you, Marshall, for sharing this tremendous talent. It has been awhile since I cried tears of joy but after my goosebumps settled down, tears started falling down my face. A wonderful experience! This young girl has a terrific range and perfect pitch. What a blessing to hear her! Thank you again; this made my day more wonderful.
    Lura

8. Paul September 17, 2010 at 4:35 pm #

I really believe it must be the Pittsburgh air. That sure has worked for me!

9. Frank September 18, 2010 at 8:07 am #

Unbelievable talent from such a young lady. I was amazed and speechless while watching and listening to her. She has a stage presence that will carry her far in her future endeavors. What a wonderful thing to see and hear.

10. Carole from Canada September 18, 2010 at 11:17 am #

America voted EXACTLY right with perfect precision!!!! SPOT ON everyone!!!
    JACKIE belongs in a much greater venue than Las Vegas can ever provide for her – Vegas is NOT a place for such an angelic 10 year old!?!? She will make much more than the meager 1 million dollar prize and is a jewel that belongs to the world!!! Give your heads a shake!!! Head for the stars Jackie!!! Actually – I thought Jackie held MORE than her own along side Sarah Brightman!!!
    PRINCE POPPYCOCK is a master and will most likely dominate Vegas show attendance real soon! I have NO doubt that the phone is ringing off the hook with HUGE engagement possibilities. We haven’t heard the last of him and America knows this. It is already in the bag – done deal unless he chooses other avenues.
    MICHAEL GRIMM is the underdog who rose from an under-priviledged background… Together we helped in fight his stage fear & shiness, tried to help him better his stage presence and image from our front row couch potato seats week after week… then POOF… witnessed an improved transformation together just in the nick of time!!
    America loves to promote the underdog when the fight is noble and heart warming. Micheal is REAL and he fought a very challenging race with masters at their game!!!
    Hell… I voted for him too… BECAUSE… the top 3 ALL DESERVED to WIN and America gave the brass ring to all 3.
    JACKIE & PRINCE have already achieved STARDOM…
    MICHEAL has been given the chance to work for it if he is up for the challenge.
    If only our lottery system could provide as many winners!!!!!
    KUDOS to America’s got Talent for such a Fnatastic season!!!!!! AND THANK YOU for introducig YOU TUBE voting this year for without it, we would not have met and fell in love with our little angel, Jackie Evancho.

11. Jerry Reichardt September 20, 2010 at 5:45 pm #

I don’t usually watch talent shows, but my wife called me to watch the 10 year old sing. We have watched her a few more times On Demand. She is fantastic!!

12. Galen September 21, 2010 at 11:59 pm #

Awesome article! Jackie Evancho may just be the most talented classical crossover singer to come along ever! On top of that, she sings both “country” and “pop” music beautifully! The sky is the limit for this young “phenom”!

13. edinathens September 22, 2010 at 1:33 pm #

Why does Jackie sound the way that she does? Pittsburgh Post-Gazette reporter Maria Sciullo asked Dr. Clark Rosen, director of the University of Pittsburgh Voice Center, that question for her article “Jackie Evancho: Little girl with the big voice”. The somewhat unexpected answer: “Her brain.”

14. George September 22, 2010 at 5:36 pm #

I listened to all the current stars singing Pie Jesu – Charlotte, Sissel, Sarah, Hayley. All were great…some better than others, but the tune is a prayer of sorts asking: “Merciful Jesus,
    Who takes away the sins of the world,
    Grant them rest….” So it is a song asking the creator for peace for the dead. Most of the singers, Sissel among them – who actually sang it beautiful – just sang totally without emotion. Then you look at Jackie Evancho singing this, and she looks pained, like she is actually begging the creator with her song. THAT is what makes Jackie great and imbues the listener with peace and tranquility. That cannot be trained and it is a talent that comes along once every century or so. I sincerely hope that all these “experts” will not try to train that talent out of her in some esoteric persuit of their interpretation of “operatic perfection.”

15. Galen September 23, 2010 at 2:46 am #

You took the words right out of my mouth George! Jackie gave a PHENOMINAL performance of “Pie Jesu” in the “Top 10” America’s Got Talent Show. Here’s a link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ar0r02FZng

16. Scott September 23, 2010 at 5:59 am #

If you want to witness one of the foremost classical crossover performers in the world (the incomparable Sarah Brightman) being “upstaged” (or at the very least equalled) by a ten year old “child”, check out this link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1qecULT01iE

17. Galen September 24, 2010 at 2:20 am #

Jackie Evancho wowed America yet again last night, and received a standing ovation after performing “Pie Jesu” on “The Tonight Show” with Jay Leno! Here’s a link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8HI9pg3o2GA

18. George September 24, 2010 at 5:53 pm #

6:09 pm September 24, 2010
    George wrote:
    When was the last time someone heard a 10 year old child say thank you so many times. I counted no less than 6 thank you’s on Leno in a few minutes of conversation. She also was replete with thank you’s on AGT. That is the result of great parenting, but also an inherently good and moral character that resides within that tiny body – that quality also comes through her song.
    Now go play with Momo, Jacqueline, and we’ll wait for your CD.

19. Ken September 26, 2010 at 3:57 am #

I really think a lot of it has to do with the younger part of the voting audiences. They do vote and they do communicate very well with one another. Because Jackie is so polite and well mannered to them she comes off as fake. I’m not saying all tweens and teens are this way but some of them are. They are very suspicious of someone who has been brought up to be polite and gracious. Isn’t that a sad commentary. Sorry guys but I think Jackie is the real deal! Too bad she didn’t win since she represents your age group in an adult world.

20. Steve September 27, 2010 at 9:56 pm #

Mr.Frank..Thank you for your wonderful article. All of America and the World needs to be aware of this 10 year old “miracle”. Your support for little Jackie means so much to me. I am one of her biggest fans. You have my utmost respect. God Bless You!