JUDGING JC: JIMMY CARTER OR JESUS CHRIST

I bristled watching the news clip of former president Jimmy Carter as he lay a wreath at the grave site of Yasser Arafat. When I learned that the former president had traveled to the mid-east — illegally – to meet with Hamas leaders, and then give a hug to senior Hamas leader, Nasser Shaer, the hair rose on my arm.

In essence, an American statesman took it upon himself to pay homage to one of the most notorious terrorists in modern history, and then embrace a man who endorses hate, murder and genocide. Are we supposed to feel warm and fuzzy about that?

Now he is about to meet the leader of Hamas in a so-called “peace mission.” The terror group must be laughing their butts off.

In fact, by disregarding the wishes of the State Department and commiserating with a terrorist organization, Mr. Carter has violated the law.

I always considered Jimmy Carter a well-meaning, peace-loving man who would have never been president had it not been for the Nixon scandals. Moral as he may be, his presidency was considered incompetent by many, rife with blunder after blunder, not to mention an economy in the dumps. The Shah of Iran, the rise of the Ayatollah, the hostage crisis, the Mariel boatlift, and runaway inflation. Now, he blunders again.

His recent writings along with his book, Palestine: Peace Not Apartheid, revealed some disappointing views about his anti-Israeli and/or anti-Semitic leanings. That may have some bearing on his recent travails with Israel’s sworn enemy.

Some of my readers will draw the usual comparisons to George W. Bush, which is apples to oranges. Whether we like Bush or not, this country is still engaged in an armed conflict and fighting international terrorism. There are issues and processes going on every day which Mr. Carter is not privy to, and which he could very well screw up…a risk which can affect every man woman and child in the free world, including Palestine and Israel.

For those readers who have any doubts about the evil of Hamas, here are a few tid-bits:

* Hamas refuses to recognize the existence of Israel and is dedicated to one end: Its virtual elimination. That goal has never wavered. According to the Washington Institute For Near East Policy, Hamas views the Arab-Israeli conflict as a religious struggle between Islam and Judaism that can only be resolved by the destruction of the Jewish state.

* Hamas is united and determined. Example: A sermon was delivered last week by a Hamas Member of Parliament, Yunis al-Astal, and aired on Hamas’ Al-Aqsa TV in which he predicted that Rome would become “an advanced post for the Islamic conquests, which will spread though Europe in its entirety, and then will turn to the two Americas, even Eastern Europe.” Further, he declared, “Very soon, Allah willing, Rome will be conquered just like Constantinople, as was prophesized by our prophet Muhammad.” Click here: » Hamas Cleric

(Anyone think Mr. Carter can single-handedly undo the prophesy of Muhammad?)

* Hamas is listed as a terrorist organization by Canada, Israel, Japan and the United States and is banned in Jordan. The European Union lists Hamas as a group known to be involved in terrorist attacks.

* Within days after Israel pulled thousands of citizens from Gaza, Hamas began firing rockets into Israel with no other intent but to murder innocent civilians. The assault continues.

By his actions, Jimmy Carter has dignified radical Islamic extremists who exist for the purpose of killing under the banner of a “resistence movement.” To some, his actions would be considered traitorous. There is no negotiating with a terrorist organization whose only purpose to exist is to annihilate a people.

Then, there is the despicable act of honoring Yasser Arafat. Here are a few accomplishments of the former PLO under Arafat’s leadership:

* Feb. 21, 1970: SwissAir flight 330, bound for Tel Aviv, is bombed in mid-flight by PFLP, a PLO member group. 47 people are killed.

* May 8, 1970: PLO terrorists attack an Israeli schoolbus with bazooka fire, killing nine pupils and three teachers from Moshav Avivim

* Sept. 6, 1970: TWA, Pan-Am, and BOAC airplanes are hijacked by PLO terrorists.

* May 1972: PFLP, part of the PLO, dispatches members of the Japanese Red Army to attack Lod Airport in Tel Aviv, killing 27 people.

* Sept. 5, 1972: Munich Massacre —11 Israeli athletes are murdered at the Munich Olympics by a group calling themselves “Black September,” an arm of Fatah, operating under Arafat’s direct command.

* March 1, 1973: Palestinian terrorists take over Saudi embassy in Khartoum. The next day, two Americans –including the United States’ ambassador to Sudan, Cleo Noel – and a Belgian were shot and killed.

* April 11, 1974: 11 people are killed by Palestinian terrorists who attack apartment building in Kiryat Shmona.

* May 15, 1974: PLO terrorists infiltrating from Lebanon hold children hostage in Ma’alot school. 26 people, 21 of them children, are killed.

How is that for a Start? The actual list would consume hundreds of pages, with thousands dead and thousands more terrorized. That’s not to mention the Italian cruise ship Achille Lauro that was hijacked by Palestinian terrorists in 1985, when wheelchair-bound Leon Klinghoffer was shot and thrown overboard. Instructions originated from Arafat’s headquarters in Tunis.

Yasser Arafat personified murder and terror, yet — in an era of international terror and Islamic extremism — our American statesman bestows honor upon the hero of terror.

I am a severe critic of G.W. Bush in many ways. Yet, as an American, I am not only angry, I am embarrassed by the actions of Jimmy Carter.

In a rare diplomatic snub, Carter was rightfully shunned by Israel this week by Israeli Prime Minister Ehud Olmert who refused to meet with him.

Emboldened by his Nobel Peace Prize, Mr. Carter may be sensing a mission, that he will be the one person in the world who will end the conflicts between Israel and her neighbors. Never mind, that Israel has been under attack since the first day of its existence in 1948 by Arab nations dedicated to its destruction.

Perhaps, he sees himself as a Messiah of sorts, impervious to criticism and on the road to sainthood. To my mind, Jimmy Carter is utterly naive if he believes Israel has any chance of survival if and when there is any capitulation to Hamas. It’s what they are waiting for.

Meanwhile, Carter is an American citizen who has snubbed State Department policy and broken the law by traveling, meeting and hugging a certified terrorist organization. Any other American would, and should, be prosecuted. Is Mr. Carter above the law?

37 Responses to JUDGING JC: JIMMY CARTER OR JESUS CHRIST

1. Nancy April 16, 2008 at 6:12 pm #

Mr. Carter is pathetic–And I must agree that he is an embarrassment to our Nation–If an ordinary US citizen behaved as he has, that citizen would indeed be procecuted as well as tried for treason–Talk about “Aid and Comfort to the Enemy”–His effect is enhanced by the supposed lofty position he holds–Former President, Nobel prize winner –Unfortunately, those are really just very poor jokes–He has inserted himself into situations that are not his to control nor negotiate and in doing so, undermines much that could be done by proper, vested officials–He needs to leave the world stage alone and go home–Nancy

2. Ron Kenerly April 16, 2008 at 6:16 pm #

His actions speak plainly and loudly for themselves.
    Now I guess the American public must stand-by again and wait to see if the US Government is going to utilize its “selective enforcement” of its laws again. If they do not take action, I feel it would be a good time to start to question our Governments true intentions…is the American public getting some insights to what is on the horizon? Lately it sure appears we have an oligarchy rather than a democracy. Should we start to think of tyranny because the Government is not applying the laws of the country in a fair and even manner? Yes, these are harsh thoughts, but it is time the American public really starts to take a hard look and even harder stance with the politicians we have elected to represent us, not just their personal wishes and desires.

3. Frank Piloto April 16, 2008 at 6:58 pm #

I am amazed at what Jimmy Carter has done! The worst of all, I think, is that he is not a bad guy, just a good old dumb guy. His latest blunder is just an extension of his previous ones…many of them to say the least!

Just yesterday, my aunt called me horrified and that is how I have learned about his visit to Arafat’s grave. But, he is not the only one, Marshall. Look around you. It seems that, everywhere someone allows or throws an insult at the Jews and Israel.

Look at now with the Pope here in USA. A former Nazi, and now he is the Pope and welcomed here, labeled by Bush as, “The Holy Father.” Well, Holy, only G-d, definitely not this former Nazi.

The predecessor, goes to the wall in Jerusalem, and insults us Jews with a letter seeking pardon for earlier transgressions against Jews…Then, he is the main promoter to elevate Pious XII, AKA Hitler’s Pope to Sainthood!

Last year, during the Yom H’Shoah, in Jerusalem, the Nuncio refused to attend the services.

And they want Jews and Christians to unite and live friendly!!!!

So, if these people who are to be brillant in their own specialty, do those things, what can we expect from a good-old-dumb boy from Plains, Georgia? Not much more.

And, it will be getting worse if Obama is elected. Let’s pray G-d takes care of this because, I don’t think us humans can.
    Frank

4. Renay April 16, 2008 at 7:11 pm #

Well, Frank said it (& I agree)I don’t think Carter is a bad guy – just a dumb guy. Perhaps no one tells him objectively
    how he is seen! I think you should send him a copy of your column Marshall!

5. Les April 16, 2008 at 7:28 pm #

Well, Jimmy Carter has shown himself to be the treasonous narcissist I always thought he was. Since he loves the Palestinians so much, let’s take away his passport to return to the U.S. and let him live with them. Les

6. Gladys Broderick April 16, 2008 at 8:41 pm #

These actions of a man we elected to the presidency only serve to rouse fear in me that given the same office we might have a similar well-meaning politician in the person of Barak Obama. I’m sorry even to think in this vein and I have no facts to back up this dread.
    I still have hopes that Hillary, with her phenominal stick-to-it-ivness will succeed.

7. Aimee April 16, 2008 at 9:07 pm #

I disagree with only one statement made so far: Carter isn’t stupid. So what does that make him? Dangerous. Evil. When Louis Farrakhan went to Libya years ago to get an award from Gaddafi (which trip, by the way, Obama’s Reverend Wright accompanied him on!), I opined that the State Department should have revoked his citizenship and prevented his return to the U.S. My opinion as to Jimmy Carter is the same. As Les has said, let’s make him live with those savages and see how he likes it. And the same goes for anyone who sympathizes with their fake plight. Anyone who does any reading knows that they deliberately make themselves look like victims to win the P.R. war, while their leaders live in mansions on the Meditteranean and secrete millions into Swiss bank accounts. The “palestinians” are nothing more than a pawn in the Arab war against the Jewish people, and Jimmy Carter has actively joined that war- on the wrong side.

8. Ernest R. Melby April 16, 2008 at 9:13 pm #

When Jimmy Carter was elected, I thought he might be a “breath of fresh air’ to the Washington scene. He very quickly showed that he was either naive or stupid.
    The only positive thing I can say about him now is that he might be senile or have alzheimers for which one can foregive him. Really,lacking disease, he should be prosecuted as I would be if I went and befriended and gave legitimacy to people like Arafat or the Hammas while breaking our laws.

9. Carolina April 16, 2008 at 10:53 pm #

Jimmy Carter has a few good qualities, none of which I can remember right now…J/K of course. He was instrumental in drafting the Arab-Israeli Camp David Accords. At that time, it was quite an accomplishment. His work with Habitat For Humanity is truly admirable. However, if he truly wanted to do something for the betterment of relations between the USA and the Arab world, he should’ve talked Sadam into letting UN inspectors do their job. Sadam would be better off today for it and so would we. As for his roll in today’s political field, he needs to stay home and tend to what he does best. That would be building houses. Maybe Jane Fonda could give him a hand. Not likely that’ll happen as she’s probably traveling abroad with her passport in hand. We surly don’t want a double standard….

10. Marvin Schild April 17, 2008 at 5:39 am #

Marshall. I always felt that Carter was a good person, well meaning, but not overly bright as shown by his incompetence as President. My suspcion of his honorable intentions was fused by the book and when I investigated to determine the funding of his Library, I found that Arabs had contributed substantially to the Library. However, my contacts with the Library to find out the names of the Arabs and the amounts was fruitless. They refusted to give the info. His book is now being made into a movie. One guess as to who is funding the movie. Conclusion: his attitude toward the Arabs (Palestinians included) cannot be defined as honorable. Marvin

11. Kathleen Wattles April 17, 2008 at 7:13 am #

As usual I have learned many things I did not know and found a few I viewed mistakenly. I do admire the things Carter tried to do but abhor some of the things he has done. Our government has certainly shown a doulble standard in enforcing our laws.

12. Sondra April 17, 2008 at 7:23 am #

Jimmy Carter has lost it! He wasn’t smart when he was president, now he is DUMB! I am shocked about this too. I thought he was a Christian.

Sondra Adkins-Mills

13. Sharon April 17, 2008 at 9:22 am #

A few days ago, after hearing that Jimmy Carter had once again embarked upon one of his solitary, quasi-diplomatic missions, this time to meet with a terrorist organization, I posted my second letter to The Carter Center website (carterweb@emory.edu)to express my disgust in his activities. I don’t know if he’ll ever get the message, but it’s my way to let my thoughts be known. For several years now, Jimmy Carter has stepped outside his boundaries as no other former president has in involving himself in foreign “negotiations.” I believe that Carter is not just an embarrassment and a disgrace, but this most recent trip has menacing overtones to it. Hamas is a terrorist organization and any “diplomatic” meeting by an American citizen, much less an ex-president, sends the wrong message to the world. Of course, Jimmy Carter was quite obvious about his own anti-Isreal leanings in one of his recent books. I am outraged by his activities. I do hope that Isreal refuses to meet with him and withholds any protection while he’s there. In fact, I wish they would turn him away from their borders. Placing a wreath on the grave of a murderous terrorist like Arafat is deplorable. I thoroughly deplore Carter. The US should take some form of action against him in this matter.

14. Sharon April 17, 2008 at 9:27 am #

Here’s a link to an editorial posted on politicalmavens.com by a Jewish woman who voted for Carter. Well said, I believe.

15. Grace Urrows April 17, 2008 at 4:08 pm #

I think Jimmy doesn’t want to be left behind.He seeks the limelight with his freelance diplomacy….”President for Life?”
    Talking to Hamas is one thing, hugging a Hamas leader is nauseating. He cannot be permitted to interfere with foreign policy. If he has actually broken a law, he should be punished”no man is above the law.”I started to read “Peace Not Apartite” but found it so ookie I put it down and never had the stomach to finish it. If Jimmy wants to “turn the other cheek” that’s his business but he shouldn’t try to turn MY other cheek.

He was hopeless as a President and remains so.

16. Ed Hensley April 17, 2008 at 4:51 pm #

I join with Aimee, in the opinion that Carter is not stupid. He graduated from
    the United States Naval Academy in 1946,
    with a BS in Physics. Carter finished 59th out of his Academy class of 820. After sub
    service in both the Atlantic & Pacific, he
    did post grad work in nuclear engineering,
    having been selected for the new nuclear submarine program by Adm. Rickover. This my friends does not equal stupid.

So, why does Jimmy Carter persist in stupid
    and dangerous acts, as an illegal diplomat?

My best guess folks is: Old resentments,
    still simmering from his 1980 loss to Ronald
    Reagan and extreme Self-Centeredness. He can justify with his own rationalizations
    just about any act that (in his mind) will
    discredit the Republicans.

As a retired sailor with a background in
    nuclear weapons and a fundamental knowledge
    of nuclear power, I consider the 1953 resignation, by LT. Carter, from the USN,
    to be a selfish act. Although his father
    died and Carter resigned to take over the
    family farm, consider the extreme value his
    experience and specialized training then meant to the U.S. Navy, the Nation and the Free World. I excerpt from Wikipedia: >

Upon the death of his father in July 1953, however, Lieutenant Carter immediately resigned his commission and was discharged from the Navy on October 9, 1953. This cut short his nuclear power training school, and he was never able to serve on a nuclear submarine, as the first of the fleet was launched January 17, 1955, over a year after his discharge from the Navy.

17. Jeffrey McBreairty April 17, 2008 at 5:10 pm #

Jimmy Carter sure isn’t Jesus Christ. Jesus, in all His greatness was perfect and the only perrfect man to ever live on this earth.
    Anyone who compares Jimmy Carter to Jesus Christ needs to have their head examined.
    There never has been a good Democratic President in my lifetime and there never will.
    Truman killed thousands with the atomic bomb and he allowed 54,000 to die in Korea for nothing.
    Kennedy got us head long into Vietnam and dumb ass Johnson kindled the fire and ended up with 59,000 dead for nothing but political gain and money in all politicians pockests.
    Carter was as stupid a President as we ever had and he allowed the Muslim world to shit on him for 444 days over 50 hostages that, in my estimation should have been released in 24 hours or killed period.
    President Clinton was an asshole and allowed the terrorist to run rampant in the middle east and in this country and he is directly responsible for 9-11-2001 and that asshole will never acknowledge it either.
    Now if Hillary or barack get into office, one will make the White House a Red Light District for horney old Slick Willie and the other will have all the blacks coming out of the wood work and thinking that they are finaklly something and he will be inviting all the Muslim assholes from around the world to enter this country and destroy it.
    The Democrats are plain and flat out nothing but shit people and they should all be put on a boat to know where.

18. Dale April 17, 2008 at 5:43 pm #

Jimmy Carter has went beyond stupidity and has now entered the realm of evil.

19. Art Horn April 17, 2008 at 7:56 pm #

Marshall is right on two items of his post. Carter should have never hugged this Hamas terrorist jerk. It would be like hugging another world terrorist: GWB. Secondly, He should have never visited the tomb of Arafat who took billions from his own people while killing many innocent Israelis. It is like Reagan visiting the SS cemetery to honor those bunch of slime balls.
    Where Marshall is wrong in my opinion is as free American citizens we must be able to travel any where we wish without having to ask our government. Also we must deal with any entity to achieve peace. Every President from Truman down has negotiated with our number one enemy, The soviet Union, even after Kruchev threatened to “Bury you!” , Despite some goofs by Carter I feel he is an honorable man who is trying to bring peace in the mid east. I don’t blame the Israeli leaders from not meeting with Carter but I am disgusted he was not “allowed” to enter Gaza, an area of great strife which some are calling a concentration camp.

20. Ed Hensley April 17, 2008 at 10:23 pm #

I am disgusted that the U.S. State Department has not conficated Carter’s
    Passport yet. I guess they are just hoping the old (intelligent) fool, 83 now, will
    drop dead before he does too much damage.

That is a dangerous gambling hope, at the
    rate Jimmy is giving aid to the terrorists!

That said, I still admire Harry S. Truman
    & disagree with the opinion of Jeffery. A
    conventionl invasion of Imperial Japan
    would have cost far more in lives than did
    the 2 atomic bombings. I excerpt from “The
    Decision to Drop the Bomb, on the Enola Gay
    website: >

INVASION OF JAPAN–AT WHAT COST?
    Estimates of the number of American casualties–dead, wounded, and missing–that the planned invasion of Japan would have cost varied greatly. In a June 18, 1945, meeting, General Marshall told President Truman that the first 30 days of the invasion of Kyushu could result in 31,000 casualties. But Admiral Leahy pointed out that the huge invasion force could sustain losses proportional to those on Okinawa, making the operation much more costly. Had the Kyushu invasion failed to force Japan to surrender, the United States planned to invade the main island of Honshu, with the goal of capturing Tokyo. Losses would have escalated. After the war, Truman often said that the invasion of Japan could have cost half a million or a million American casualties. The origin of these figures is uncertain, but Truman knew that Japan had some two million troops defending the home islands. He believed, along with the many Americans who would have had to invade Japan, that such a campaign might have become, in his words from June 18, 1945, “an Okinawa from one end of Japan to the other.” Added to the American losses would have been several times as many Japanese casualties–military and civilian. The Allies and Asian countries occupied by Japan would also have lost many additional lives. For Truman, even the lowest of the casualty estimates was unacceptable. To prevent an invasion and to save as many lives as possible, he chose to use the atomic bomb. http://www.theenolagay.com/study.html

21. Art Horn April 18, 2008 at 6:11 am #

All my life I have been going back and forth on the bomb being dropped on Japan. As a pacifist I detested it but my own family history could have been much sadder had it not happened. My dad just returned from serving in Europe and was stationed in California preparing for the invasion of Japan. I was three at the time so it is possible I may have been fatherless. There is always two sides to decisions like this. I am sure Truman suffered many sleepless nights after making that decision.

22. arlene April 18, 2008 at 10:49 am #

He stank as governor of Georgia and I can’t believe an incompetent like him was elected president. too bad for this county. thankfully he was a one term president. Furthermore, I can’t believe all those Democratic Jews voted for him. Where were their heads?

23. Rich Moore April 18, 2008 at 12:16 pm #

Of course Carter is an oddball and totally different thasn any other past President, but dumb he is not. He has firm feelings and like them or not there is a reason he is doing it.

Remember, people, that Israel has blood on it’s hands as much as anyone else. From the days of bombing and murder by Jewish extremists just prior to 1948 that is now seen as’ revolutuon ‘ and justified we are seeing the effects of policy that is quite complicated. Israel, propped up by the West..US in other words, to the tune of trillions..has amassed a nuclear arsenal, ignored scores of UN mandates, killed thousands in neighboring countries and areas within it’s dubious borders, and are guilty of more serious crimes worldwide than any Muslims ever could imagine.

Of course, those who would attack Israel are wrong and terrorism is NEVER a valid way to address issues. Israeli’s have a right to exist and live within fair borders and be unmolested by anyone.
    They are God’s chosen people, and history reflects the many attempts to harrass them, and worse. BUT, Israel has been unfair and intransigent in dealing with others, and many of them feel forced into violence as the only way to counter what they see as occupiers and killers.

Israel spies on the USA, operates black op’s here virtually unhindered,and deflect any criticism by screaming ” Anti-Semite!’ as loud as possible. But Zionism, which is the issue, is not a religion but a political entity. People can very fairly love the Jewsih people yet despise the Zionists movement. They are exclusive entities.

Carter is a footnote now, getting attention only because he stirs up outrage; sad that a former’ statesman ‘ has fallen so far. But we are not getting anything beneficial from our blind obedience to Israel: They are self serving and stubborn political animals who care only about their interests. They would have us send millions of our best kids to Iran to die;.

Netanyahu just was quoted as saying that ” Israel benefitted from 9-11…it was a good thing for us ..”. and he has said this before. Qui bono? Who benefits really? Those who profit and benefit from a crime are always those looked at first, except in this case, where massive evidence was swept away and refused at the highest levels.

Sometime when you want to find out what Israel is doing in the USA, Google these subjects: Israeli art students DEA….or: Dancing Israeli’s 9-11….or: Odigo 9-11 warning…..and recall Jonathan Pollard? He was the spy caught that Israel has been claomring to get back for decades.

Who are the NEOCON’s that promoted and planned and executed 9-11? read the list of the PNAC founders and signatories: All loyal Bushies and many dual Israel/US citizens..all in key positions and loyal to onlyu one thing: Israel and her interests.AIPAC lost opne spy recently when finally a Bush loyalist was convicted of passing info…on and on it goes.

Carter is a fool. Israel deserves protection and safety and peace. Israel also must act humanely and responsibly in dealing with border issues. Israel should stop spying on the USA and it’s security and government facilities and act as a friend. Terrorists, the few real one’s that exist, should be hunted down and taken out or captured by intel and special forces types, not by waging massive wars.

The whole PNAC ( Project for a New American Century ) plan calls for taking Iraq and Afghanistan first and then Iran and Syria. This puts Israel at the top of the heap regionally once the Muslim ‘ hordes ‘ are terminated or subdued. Bush immediately, as soon as put his crown opn, began to plot to take Iraq no matter what. That is why the lies about WMD were shoved down our throats for a year.

Afghanistan had the Taliban..welcome in early 2001 by Bush..but when the pipeline deal was slipping away and the Taliban had all but eradicated the opium poppy crop( a major source of cash for black op’s CIA-MI5 missions..always has been ) so they had to go, and 9-11, an inside job, was all the excuse needed. Chasing a ghost, Osama, still either dead or happinly sipping tea in a tent somewhere, depending on which paper you read, was the excuse. The Bin Laden family and Bush caln go way back, and Osama was a CIA asset, no doubt still is.

Did you know that Osama is NOT wanted for 9-11? The FBI admits that no hard evidence links him to the event, and he has denied any involvement. The whole deal was a Neocon right wing military/Israeli Mossad corpo-fascist coup, and it succeeded.The Saudi’s were given fast track visa’s at the US embassy, trained at secure US military bases, sent to establish an easy to follow trail of flying lessons and suspicious remarks, etc.

It is a proven fact that Israeli agents were living and monitoring the ‘ highjackers ‘ for over a year prior to 9-11. Able Danger, the Pentagon anti-terror program, tracked them as well. Recall that the Able Danger crew was trashed and ignored by the 9-11 cover up Commission.

So who ARE our real friends in this world? Who can we trust? No one. Eever. Each nation has it’s own best interests at stake and will stab another in the back, of front, if need be.Sure, Carter is a fool to do what he did, but let us not imagine that there is only one problem over there, and only one set of killers ready to use force to obtain their objectives.

How many of you that would call me a nut have gone to : Patriotsquestion911.com
    and read the testimonies of the people there? If you have not, then you have no idea how obvious ans serious the situation is and how many ‘ cream of the crop ‘ people are warning us all. Go to that site if you do not do anything else today and read a while. If you can come away still beliving the official story, then God help you.

Carter: Stay home and enjoy building homes for Habitat….and don’t inflame things.

Israel: Act humanely and responsibly and settle your differences with your neighbors; establish a border and be done with it. Protect yourselves as needed .

Public: Spend a few hours researching Israel’s involvement in the attack on the USS Liberty, which cost over a hundred American lives and was hushed up to protect Israel, who was the attacking nation. They wanted to provoke us against Egypt but we identified the attackers.

Get off of Fox news and get online and read the truth. Spend a few hours investigating 9-11 and learn just how deep the rabbit hole goes. Do anything but accept what you are topld by the media…they are part of the system now.

24. Ed Hensley April 18, 2008 at 2:11 pm #

Meanwhile, back in the real world, according to an online News Max post,Sen.
    Joseph Liberman (I-D) Conn. says >>

“Carter Is Naive For Hamas Meeting”
    Thursday, April 17, 2008 11:57 PM

Sen. Joseph Lieberman, D-Conn., is not happy former President Carter has been cozying up to the radical Hamas group.

Lieberman told Fox News on Thursday that “at best, President Carter is being naive” for reaching out to a group directly linked to terrorism.

“There is a long list of people who thought they could reason with dictators and killers, going back to Neville Chamberlain and Hitler in the 1930s, but it has been shown to be absolutely wrong,” Lieberman said.

On Thursday Carter met a senior Hamas official in Cairo, Egypt, and expressed plans to meet more Hamas officials in Syria on Friday.

This week Carter drew criticisim for placing at wreath at the grave of PLO leader Yasser Arafat.

The U.S. State Department has designated Hamas a terrorist group.

Hamas was formed in 1987 as an offshoot of the Egypt’s Muslim Brotherhood. The group introduced the use of suicide bombing, including by children, in its attacks on Israel.

“My hope is that there are no more rockets out of Gaza,” Carter said after his meeting to students at American University in Cairo. “It was my primary request to the Hamas leaders.”

Carter met earlier this week with another Hamas official in the West Bank.

© 2008 Newsmax. All rights reserved.

25. jack maclean April 18, 2008 at 3:02 pm #

I agree with you about Carter doing a stupid thing and I know we’re in an armed conflict but I don’t understand the Bush like comment that we are fighting international terrorism. I think that in Iraq we are caught in the middle of a civil war. Afaganistan is where we should concentrate what little men and resources that we have left.

26. arlene April 18, 2008 at 5:47 pm #

Dropping the bomb on Hiroshema saved an estimated 250,000 American lives and countless
    American casualties. Also,Richard Moore has his fact a little confused. He need to stop watching CNN.

27. Art Horn April 19, 2008 at 5:44 am #

Condi Rice has no right to object to Carters trying for peace in the Middle East. What has she accomplished in 4 years as Secretary of State? NOTHING!
    As far as meeting with a terrorist group. Many including myself consider The Bush Administration as a terrorist organization.

28. Laura April 19, 2008 at 1:23 pm #

Hey Marshall,
    I could not agree with you more, and being a resident of Georgia for most of my life, I too, have thought of these things. Our state made such a BIG DEAL of him becoming president….I was younger then, and watched along with others as his popularity went down slowly but surely. I have to say I agree with “Les”, his passport needs to be taken away!! For a person who lives, works and thrives in GA, I am sick to death of him being shown over and over on our tv stations here, proclaiming what a “hero” he is! Keep up the great writing, your articles have opened my eyes to many things that I need to know!
    Laura

29. Marie April 19, 2008 at 3:22 pm #

What ever happen to TREASON?

30. Art Horn April 20, 2008 at 11:38 am #

Treason? The fascists (both Dems and Repubs) now controlling our government are guilty of treason by destroying our constitution. The whole lot of them including Pelosi and Reid should be put on trial

31. Lura Zerick April 21, 2008 at 4:00 am #

Jimmy Carter is a disgrace to the United States. He should not be allowed to go overseas as an ‘ambassador’; he certainly is not representing the American people. He should be charged with treason and tried as an enemy of the U.S.A. Like a pouting child, he seems to get the attention he wants by doing stupid things. Let him pay the price as others would if they did the same things. Take his passport before he plans some other outrageous event.

32. Art Horn April 21, 2008 at 4:19 am #

Jesus teaches us to be Peacemakers. That is what Carter is doing. Anyone who claims to be a Christian should applaud this action

33. Pat Wilson April 23, 2008 at 6:32 pm #

I chuckle and shake my head at all these armchair intellectals who seem to know all the answers and feel free to criticize, name call, and denigrate any of our leading statesmen for doing anything they don’t happen to like, without considering there might have been a good intention or reason why some action was made. This began as one simple act that Jimmy Carter committed, and ending up criticizing every President we’ve had in the last 40 years. Some of Carter’s angriest critics seem to imply that they are Christians, but know nothing of what that term means.It should mean to try live like Christ intended. Jimmy is probably a better Christian. In this instance he was naive, and jumped into water far over his head, but his intentions were pure. We all know that here have been many “Hitlers” in this world throughout history,and we all know that constant fighting, whether between two neighborhood gangs or between two countries visiously attacking one another, nothing is accomplished. Only when both sides put down their arms and say “this is enough” will peace be accomplished. Carter was tryig a different tactic, not realizing there are too many Hitlers around the world, and he is a Neville Chamberlain. As for Presidents, none of us sitting in the comfort of our living rooms will ever have to make the decisions of the kind of problems they face. Of course, the biggest decision they have to make, fist and formost, is where their allegiance lies. Is it with American people, or is it to those who contributed the most money to get them in office. The American people are faced with consequences of that decision.

34. phyllis April 30, 2008 at 8:53 am #

i know that carter lost a lot of respect from the jewish people and i am among that group.

35. Bobbie April 30, 2008 at 12:26 pm #

Since Jimmy Carter has broken the law, he
    should not be allowed back to these United
    States. I lost my respect for him, many
    years ago.

36. Charles Ruiz May 25, 2008 at 3:13 pm #

The only “peace mission”we can have with terrorists is to leave them “resting in peace”.

37. soraya sussman May 31, 2008 at 11:39 pm #

As an Iranian born and American citizen,
    I know what davestation this stupid peanut
    farmer created in Iran, for the so called
    revelution. It was the start of more problem in the middle East. We are making the same mistake in the 2008 by rising
    an unknown , inexperience marxist to
    the highest office in this country.
    We know all his shortcome, his sickening
    association with all the shady characters
    his nasty and anti american wife, still
    the media and DNC are covering for him
    to make him a PRESIDENT. SHAME ON YOU
    for putting our fragile country in the
    hand of HUSSEIN OBAMA, then we going to
    realise what a disaster we have created,
    it would be too late, our beautiful country
    has to suffer atleast 4 years in the hand of this idiot and his scary friends. WE
    know HILLARY loves this country, BUT WHAT
    DO WE KNOW ABOUT OBAMA???????????